Amba's Dream Tank

Home from the frag show, spent a bit more than I wanted to but it was worth it. Big thanks to Zybergoby for sending some really nice frags my way, I'll post pics after everything acclimates. I got about 30 new pieces, so many pictures will be coming! I hope everyone that came had fun, I really enjoyed myself, and the food was fantastic.

The ABC frag swap was awesome, I ended up getting quite a few nice pieces. Here are some acclimation pics:

Vthje.jpg

raIon.jpg

Some little guys I found while fragging some of my own:

a7sFv.jpg

FiDjo.jpg

gpbli.jpg

SZxb3.jpg

HgVZl.jpg

VfvV8.jpg

Here you can see the monti:

f8XEn.jpg

Attached these guys to a rock:

gWsmb.jpg

Big polyp rock, courtesy of ZyberGoby:

DLsDD.jpg

Top down:

7FqNa.jpg

Wsh97.jpg

There are about 10 more little frags not pictured here, Zoas, leather frags etc, can't really get decent pics of them while they're closed up. I'll post some more in a few days when everything calms down.

very nice. you've been pretty busy these last few weeks. like the schedule idea. i need to get on something like that also. cant wait to see everything opened in teh tank.

No prob bro I'm just sad that I for got to put the tooth coral in the box for you.

In the Box:
PA Hammer
Snow White plays
Wizard Drops
Space Ghost zoa
Shimmering plays
Pink Lemonade zoa
Hob Goblin zoa
Red Ring of Death zoa
Cabbage Leather
Common Toadstool
Glove Polyps
Kryptonite Candy Cane

Amba I hope they all take off and thrive for you....

We should plan something out some tine soon so I can get that tooth coral to you.

P.S. it was a great show for my first time to a frag swop

Last edited:
Yeah it was fun, in a couple of weeks I'm going to frag some of the bigger colonies that I have gotten recently, you can come pick some out.

UH OH.... What did I go and do?

Yes, it's another tank! Hellllllllloooooo!

Seriously though, 30G frag tank, another skimmer, another overflow, another BRS reactor, another everything everything everything! Plumbing to my main sump, sitting next to the main tank. I needed more room, and I want more fish. This will add 30G water volume, and a ton of extra space. Who's excited? I sure am.

aj749.jpg

I ended up having to buy one of airgas co2 tank, bringing the total cost of this calcium reactor over $1000. Beyond pissed but at least I have everything now. My pretty aluminum tank is gone. Ill be setting it up tonight.

That's awesome! I love how our stands start looking more and more like a science lab as we get further into the hobby. The things we do for our wet pets, eh? Great job! I also loved your idea to put the mangroves in containers on the wall behind the tank. That would be really pretty!

Back