Amba's Dream Tank

Got my ATO, RKL, Skimmer, and wavemaker all installed.

1ZizF.jpg

I'm still at it... got about 15 gallons of water in the tank, the sump is full and I have some buckets of RODI water waiting to be mixed into fresh saltwater. 16 hours is enough for today, I'll be on to finish it tomorrow. Here's one more picture for today, you can see I barely started aquascaping:

4V3s1.jpg

I am amazed at how fast you are working! took me alot longer.. amazing. and everything looks great too!!! Talk about hitting the ground running.

Love how you mounted the RKL... my wires are a mess right now.

( just a side note.. any concerns with the baseboard heater right behind the tank stand?, think it will produce too much heat in the winter months? )

looking great :Cheers:

thats pretty sick Amba

Thanks, it will be full and operational by the end of the day today!

I am amazed at how fast you are working! took me alot longer.. amazing. and everything looks great too!!! Talk about hitting the ground running.

Love how you mounted the RKL... my wires are a mess right now.

( just a side note.. any concerns with the baseboard heater right behind the tank stand?, think it will produce too much heat in the winter months? )

looking great :Cheers:

Thanks! No concern with the baseboard, my bedroom (where the tank is) is 366 square feet, and it stays really warm because it was designed to be an attic. I rarely turn on my heat (I have my own thermostat in here) because with the door open it lets a lot of heat in from the downstairs (2 wood burning fireplaces, thats 90% of how we heat our home).

I made a little time lapse clip of my lights warming up, pretty cool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02IHoCtU134]250W HQI + Dual T5HO Actinic + 4 Moonlit LED - YouTube[/ame]

Ooooooo Pendulum.

And awesome set up.

Thank you! :)

Well today has been busy. Mounted both of my Dual BRS reactors next to the tank, finished mixing saltwater, filled the tank, added all my live rock and tonga, and installed powerheads heaters and other goodies.

Before I get ripped on this, I'm not cycling my tank with any fish or critters. I used all the same water from my 30g (which was around 75 gallons with the sump/fuge) and all the same rock. I was careful not to disturb my sand bed, and I made sure all my water parameters were identical in both tanks. All critters were transferred to 5g buckets with old tank water, and the new tank water was dripped in over the time of several hours.

Here are some pics!

NcHfh.jpg

YX8gs.jpg

SXn7j.jpg

HFlV7.jpg

Everything leak tested okay except for one small droplet every minute or so coming from the drain. Silicon and it's all fixed. My tomato clown is swimming around happily, exploring it's new home :)

Back