Angel Question--Hey Doc!

Technically, animals are not sorted into different genuses based on the way they look. They are sorted based on their genetics. Genetically similar animals are grouped together, and less genetically similar animals are put into a different genus. Think of it as a tree, and each genus is a different branch on the same tree, and the genus branches split into smaller species branches.

Ryan,Just say to heck with fish for the most part.Pick one small fish for the tank,and fill that puppy with SPS corals.Then you wont have all those fish turds decaying in your tank:mrgreen:

Every SPS guy that Ive talked to said to do LPS for a year to get used to the tank maintainence and be familiar with your system and let it mature. Then switch over to SPS once everything is very stable. I would love to jump right into it but I dont want to do it and kill a bunch of expensive corals. Softies are boring IMO so I wont be doing many if any of those

I think sps corals do well after about 4 months of a tank being established. Angelfish tend to ignore sps corals. Plan your awesome angel reef tank. Dont waste that space on inferior fish!!! LOL

-Doc

Its been six minutes DOC where are the pics! tap tap tap haha kidding take your time no water for another 3 weeks anyways. Boo!

In all seriousness,If you want an SPS dominant tank with LPS corals,I would skip the angels.I mean,How often do you see or heard of angels in one of those systems,rarely or never.It's going to be too hard to keep nitrates at zero even with DSB and a fuge.

At this point I just want water! haha. I dont really want a herd of anything just a showpiece fish or small schoal. The only fish that I have dead set in my mind are a pair of either misbars or picassos and a Blue Spot Jawfish. Other than that its all up in the air. Due to being out of town so much I think that Im going to keep the bioload relatively light and have a lot of ornamental inverts

Ah the great thing is Janell is starting to actually take an interest in the hobby. I told her the 90 could be "hers" but I found a nice 150 today for 300 bucks and its her birthday in 2 weeks. Hmm I think she would really enjoy a waterbox of her own.

She really want a Volitans and I told her that there was no way it was going in my reef soooo.... maybe she can like angels too!

Back