Another Plumbing Question

You definitely get what you pay for. There are some things where I don't need high quality, but then there are others that I do need it. Walmarts is another example, good prices for so-so quality. Theres nothing wrong with shopping there, aside from philosophical issues, but don't expect to get the highest quality for $9.99.

The philosophical part is what gets me.

Yeah, I still work to buy Chevy, Ford, or Dodge because they are "American made", but where are their factories these days? I hate to purchase products in the big box stores when I know of several businesses that are struggling as they try to compete against inferior products at lower prices.

Basspro first,cause it gives me an excuse to go to Basspro:mrgreen:Have to mail order from Cabelas.
The only thing I buy from Wally world is my RO water.I hate those stores.Mainly because I used to do a lot of work for them.

There is a Cabela's in PA. We (the family) stop by every time we head South. Nice thing is, there is also a Bass Pro on the way, near the PA capital.

I dont mind the ranting we all hijack the shit out of each others threads, Im just sick of hearing how great Home Depot is and how much every other hardware store sucks. Rant away.

Plumbing is coming along slowly.

Dustin no offense buddy but this is my thread. If you really want to talk about Home Depot with me again I will gladly tell the world why it sucks. I understand that your mother is employed there and thats not a bad thing. They should let their products speak for them not their sons. I willing to bet that most employees would be embarassed if one of their kids ran around bashing their competition every time one of them was mentioned. What do they have to be affraid of if they are so good? Their lumber sucks ass, if I had a buck for every warped board in all of the home depot stores Id be a millionaire many times over. There plumbing selection is attrocious, and highly unorganized. They are rediculously overpriced. The only good thing that they do normally have is their home and garden section for live plants and trees but Id rather go to the mom and pop nursery or greenhouse and spend my money locally.

well if you would like to call me out like that ill be glad to address your issues, my mom isnt just an employee, she is the director of customer care and is in the process of turning that entire department around. she has stopped the out sourcing of customer care, she is in the process of training two new classes to get more people answering phones, and each class has roughly 60 people in it. and of course you are gonna see warped board at home depot, you cant inspect every piece of board ordered by home depot before it gets shipped to stores, but your also gonna see warped board at lowes and lumber yards are gonna have warped board. and the plumbing section id gonna have pieces being were they dont belong, there wouldnt be enough time in the day to go through all the boxes of parts and replace every piece that a customer has moved or misplaced because they realized they didnt need it and they just put it in the closet box to them. and when i tell someone on here to call the corporate office its because the only way the problem can get fixed it is if they know the problem exists, sorry if me trying to make home depot a better place to shop at is offensive to you, because after all my moms lively hood is dependent on people shopping at home depot

Tell her to focus on the store in Olean NY. That would be a real world change that I would find agreeable.

Dustin its not offensive to me but it is old hat. We get the point my friend, thats all I am trying to say.

OK back on topic.

Im wondering if its ok to have a couple of bends in my overflows? I need to plumb around some stuff and Im hoping that I can.

Thanks Yote. I guess I can be more specific. I want to come off the bulkhead with a 45 come down and forward put another 45, come straight across. Then 90 down to the skimmer section of the sump.

Thanks boss! You just saved my night, I was on the verge of a breakdown. It is the only way that I can do it so its going to have to work. Ok gotta get back to work.

Plumbing sucks! Worked at it all day off and on and feel like I didnt get crap done. I think I have all of the hard stuff done but just doesnt seem like much. Here I was sawing pieces outside on a silent night, come inside and look at the clock it was 130am my neighbors are going to hate me.

They'll eventually get used to it Ryan.Wait untill you got those lights fired up after dark and they think you got a grow operation going on in there.LOL
BTW,I agree.
Plumbing sucks.

Back