Anyone can ID these things???

I'm with you on them being intresting, thats why I want one. A clown will always know how to host but thay dont always host. Its a toss up, your chances are better witha anemone though. There are alot of different types so do research and find the one thats best for you. You got good lighting so you should be fine there. I would wait till you get the algae cleared before you add corals but I think it would be ok in a week or so to add easy corals such as mushrooms, kenis, ricordia, zoas etc.... I added my fist ones when the tank was 2 months old but I wish I would have waited till the algae cleared because they didnt fair well till it did, then they were fine. Pulsing xenia is one I think you'll really like, I just got some from Dfrench and I love it. The tenticals open and close like hands and the arms just sway in the current. There very cool to watch, and easy to take care of. I would start with only easy ones now then when you got the hang of it better work your way up to harder ones then anemones. Just my thoughts on it though. I would think it will be ok in a week or two to add 1 or 2 easy corals if your water is still ok and you calcium and everything else is in there right sopts.

My tang will only eat certain brands of sea veggies. I tried lots of different ones and the only kind he likes are Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies (green). He won't touch any of the other brands or colors, so you may have to try a few, but if he's grazing on the rocks, he's probably doing fine.

Back