Aquacontrollers

dcantucson

Reef pro
I've seen these units in catalogs which control pH, temperature, lighting, etc... and have wondered how and if they work. Some you can hook up to your computer and monitor things and they will even send an email if something is wrong.

Question: Does anyone have any such device and can you give some details and feedback? Thank you. :question:

they work like e charm, i'm a huge fan of the AquaController III, it not only connects to the PC, but can be accessed online from anywhere in the world if you're on vacation or something.

they control everything depending on what you get from a autotop off to the lights i guess almost any thing that can be hooked to a tank can be ran by a contoller.

I have the Reefkeeper Lite.
So far I'm liking it a lot.

It keeps my temps stable by turning the heater on when it gets too cold and off when it gets too hot. I can control that within .1 of a degree. And if my water gets to warm it turns my fans on until it cools off.

It controls my lights. My actnics come on first, then my daylights an hour later. Opposite at night. Also turns my lunar lights on and off at the specified time. I could also have it turn off lights if the water gets too hot but I don't.

Some of my powerheads automatically get turned off at night and back on in the morning.

My favorite thing is standby mode. When I'm ready to feed i hit two buttons on the control panel and all at once my pump stops, two of my powerheads stop, and my auto top-off turns off. Then after 20 minutes it all starts up again automatically. This makes feeding and water changes a breeze.

It does all this without a bunch of separate timers hooked up.

I have not hooked up the ph monitor yet.

It does a ton more stuff. I have not played with alarms or anything yet either. The Reefkeeper stuff is totally upgradable as they come out with new stuff and new software and their support forums are great.

Back