Baby Brine Shrimp

kevinsimons

Reefing newb
So - in an effort to hold down costs ($20 a bottle for tigger pods) and NOT have my mandarin goby starve to death, I started up a brine shrimp hatchery - which has been a huge success - the corals love 'em, as does the royal gramma (or "the queen mum" as we like to call her... get it?), and the goby is hungrily eating SOMETHING after I put the brine in the tank (although as we all know, sea monkeys are pretty damn small...)

ANYWAY - how long will the hatched brine last in the jar before it's time to start over?

I kept them about a month when I was a kid, in the neat little plastic dodad with the magnifying glass. Got a couple that got up near a half inch. Yep about 20 years ago, haha God im getting old.

I hatch them for a treat for my fish. I start them off in a 2 liter soda bottle that I rigged up. Then I'll transport them into a small aquarium 2 gallon (I think) with a air stone and feed them everyday and they can grow to a pretty good size. My fish and corals love them.

hey where do u buy them, i always wanted a dragonett, maybie now i can buy one when i get some live shrimp.

Brine has no nutritional value and will not replace there natural foods in any meaningful way.Many people gut load baby brine with a vitamin enhancer like Selcon.

Back