beating cyano

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
So, for the past 2 months or so, I've been fighting some pretty tough cyano that stunk up my tank and made it ugly.
As quickly as it arrived, it's been retreating. Not sure what did it, but one of the additions to my tank fairly recently was an in-tank refugium (since my sump didn't fit properly under my tank) filled with caulerpa (my foxface loves the stuff). Since the addition of that, I noticed a rapid decline in the cyano...

Maybe it worked!

I agree, I performed lots and lots and lots of water changes, and built me an in tank refugium with lots of cheato. It took several weeks, but its gone...also more flow.

yeah, got tons of flow! The thing that sort of confused me tho, is that my nitrates/phosphates are 0 in my tank. HOWEVER, I do remember reading that you can have a tank with nitrate/phosphate users in it with zero readings, because it IS zero since they are all using it up...makes sense I guess.

Do you guys think it's asking for trouble if I have little flow in my refugium? I have an aqua lifter pump for it, but I haven't been using it since I don't want the extra noise or power consumption...

Back