Best Aquarium Heater out there?

Laz

Reefing newb
I'm in need of a heater for my 55L (12 gallon) tank. My current one is pretty old and has been half exposed to air on numerous occasions and isn't overly accurate. I'm not quite sure what the best wattage for a 55 litre tank would be so if someone could also help me on that, it would be appreciated.

I've heard Titanium's are good but a lot tend to fail too? I'm not looking to be budget on a heater whether titanium or glass and want the best.

I read some good reviews about the Eheim Jager glass heaters. Any input?

If I were you I would purchase the...

Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm 50 Watt Aquarium Heater w/ LED Display Information
The Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm electronic heaters have an impressive accuracy of ±0.5ºF. The electronic thermostat has an ultra-fast response time that helps to keep the temperature stable. The slim profile is great for nano aquariums and crowded sumps. The shatter-proof outer casing also makes it extremely safe. The Neo-Therm heater packs many high-end features at a reasonable price.

Features
  • Ultra-Accurate electronic thermostat ±0.5ºF
  • For tanks up to 12 Gallons
  • Modern, super flat design
  • Easy to set "one touch" system
  • LED displays both Set Temp and Tank Temp simultaneously
  • Set temperature range up to 96ºF
  • Thermal protection circuitry
  • 3-year manufacturer`s warranty
  • Made in Europe
Dimensions: 6 5/8" x 2 1/4" x 3/4"

Look for a titanium heater with a controller. There are several brands that are decent choices out there, and not overly expensive.

I have been running 2 Eheim Jager heaters with a Ranco controller for several years with no problems yet. They have been very reliable for me.

For a 12g I would just go with that neotherm mentioned above. I just got the 50w for my 8g nano i just set up.
For a non-nano tank i would do multiple titanium heaters hooked up to a controller like Apex.

Back