Best way to feed my Goby?

LoveJC03

Reef Enthusiast
Our* Goby

We bought frozen brine shrimp for him. We break off a little chunk, put it in a small container, add water and stir it up. Then we squirt bits under the rock that he's under with a turkey baster. He will eat a few bites each time, then he comes out after it's all floating in the tank.. not sure if he's getting enough to eat. We feed everyone 3x a day, just want to make sure he's getting enough to eat. Is there a better/easier way to feed him?

Three times a day is more than enough. Once a day or every other day would be sufficient. Brine shrimp isn't very healthy for them though -- you are better off switching to a variety of frozen foods like mysis, Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, etc.

This is what we feed. Diamond Watchman Goby :)
pPETS-9454495dt.jpg

I thought brine shrimp was good.. maybe one of those on our next trip for food. ;)

I just got a high fin goby and pistol shrimp for my nano.
Do i need to target feed? Got him yesterday and I have yet to see him come out of his little hole more than half way.

I just got a high fin goby and pistol shrimp for my nano.
Do i need to target feed? Got him yesterday and I have yet to see him come out of his little hole more than half way.

Our Goby was just staying under rocks, so we had to spot feed him because he was too shy to come out. He comes out now when it's time to eat and we still spot feed him to make sure he can get the food..

Back