Bifferwine Deco Contest

I'm going to have to add something to this tank sooner than I planned. I am getting harassed and harangued by people at work for having a container of rocks on my desk. This is how the conversation with my boss went this morning:

What's that?
A little aquarium.
What's in there?
Nothing.
Then why do you have it?
I'm going to put stuff in it eventually.
What stuff?
I don't know, maybe a fish or two, some corals, some shrimp.
Cool! When?
In a couple weeks.
Why so long?
It has to cycle.
Cycle? Why do you have the lights on?
To see it.
To see what? There's nothing in there.
I know.
So why do you have the lights on?
To see it.
To see what?

:lol:

I've had similar conversations with about 4 people now. So I think if I add a couple hardy corals or something, it will shut them up for a little bit!

Too funny Biff! You should tell them there IS something in there and then let them think they just can't see it. Kind of an "Emperor's New Clothes" kind of thing.

Too funny Biff! You should tell them there IS something in there and then let them think they just can't see it. Kind of an "Emperor's New Clothes" kind of thing.

I did. I told one of my coworkers that there was a fish in there; he just wasn't looking hard enough!

I need to figure out the temp thing for my tank today too. I will stop at a pet store and get a little thermometer.

LOL, biff. Print out your post and put it next to the tank. When they ask, just point to the sign.

C

Ha, "Frequenty Asked Questions About This Box of Rocks and Sand"

Edit: Every time my boss walks by my office, he says, "I want to see fish." :grumble: I'd better get moving, my job may depend on it! :D

Last edited:
Here you go, Biff, print this out and tape it to the aquarium:

marine-fish-img03.jpg

One of my coworkers is all pissed that i'm not putting a "nemo" in my 6g fluval edge. :rolleyes:

Yep, I keep getting asked if I will be adding clownfish. I think that's the only saltwater fish that many people know of.

I just added a small heater and thermometer. Without the heater, my tank was at 75 degrees, so that's good! I keep my office warm.

I just got back from the LFS and picked up 3 corals for the tank. I also ordered a fish -- it should be here by the end of the week! Pics are coming if they open up before I leave work by the end of the day.

Here are my new additions. My boss couldn't be more excited!

A tiny baby elegance (risky, I know, but I will move it to my big tank if it starts to look bad), a little torch, and some red zoas. FTS taken with flash and without (I am using the crappy little office camera).

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 284
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 290
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 299
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg