Here are the frags I got today:

Blue chalice

Two acans

Replacement duncan (not opened yet)

Generic green zoas

Mystery chalice

Orange monti

Neon favia

As you can see, I can't wait to buy more snails so my sand will look white again... :(

Biff - those are awesome, thanks for posting - it gives me a great idea of what I'd like in my new 90g.

New duncan opened:
IMG_4056.jpg

And here is nice pic I took earlier. Nice except for the ugly sand :grumble:. That is my one-eyed pajama cardinal. He swims in circles.
IMG_4039.jpg

How and where? I've had a brain coral for about a year now and it's still on the same rock it came on... It definitely expands, during the day with lights on, but I've never seen it grow.

What kind of brain do you have? An open brain like the one on my sandbed? The open brains are slow growers, but you can frag them when they get big enough.

What kind of brain do you have? An open brain like the one on my sandbed? The open brains are slow growers, but you can frag them when they get big enough.

Yeah - I'd say nearly identical in size/shape/color to your pic - that's actually the pic that prompted my question, when I saw it. I didn't know if those were 'as is' corals or how they spread or propagate.

Mostly light. It usually won't take food when I try to feed it. The food just floats away.

OK - same here. But theoretically it could, right - especially at night with the tentacles out? I just didn't know if I was being stupid and spot feeding something that had zero benefit from it...

Yeah. It would have to be when it has its tentacles out. Mine takes a long time to put its tentacles out at night, and when it does it doesn't have any interest in food.

Yeah. It would have to be when it has its tentacles out. Mine takes a long time to put its tentacles out at night, and when it does it doesn't have any interest in food.

Do the tentacles sting at all? I was moving it one night when they were out and I thought I felt a tingle... but I didn't know if that was because I also had Olivia Newton-John's "Let's Get Physical" playing loudly in the background...

Do the tentacles sting at all? I was moving it one night when they were out and I thought I felt a tingle... but I didn't know if that was because I also had Olivia Newton-John's "Let's Get Physical" playing loudly in the background...

I don't think I've ever touched the tentacles. I don't feed it with my hands!

I just had a read through the last few pages of this, thats a fairly bad outbreak you had. Would be quite shattered if that happened to me! but some nice additions have come up from what ive seen :D and some new corals that I like and will want to add later to my own tank.

hope everything is going well now

I think I will. I'll do that after I place all these new frags tomorrow. It's just that it gets covered right away again. So it's kind of pointless!

Back