Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

SSalty, the tank was fullly stocked with live rock when the LFS bought it, so I think the stand will be fine the way it is. I am not going to cut out any part of the stand.

I think I'm going to need to start selling something a little more expensive than crack to stock this beast. My eggs? My organs? I only need one kidney, after all.

ha ha biff do you baby sit?
i baby sit my two cousiuns one 8 yeah old and one 6 year old for 20 bucks a day

Thanks Sarah I have chaeto and i dont think im dying to have some hair algae, but when i am ill notify you. lol Maybe some fresh chaeto after i dose my tanks with phosban though. Im getting all the test kits i need from FosterSmith as well as the phosban and big salt order.

Have you placed that order yet? Because I need stuff too. If you haven't ordered it yet, we could order together and save on shipping. Let me know.

hey a months work at 20 a day if there is no overhead would buy you about 100 pounds of LR. but I would suggest something a little lore illegal. or stop buying random shit on ebay haha

NO i havent placed that order and i think that is a good idea. Tell me what you need and ill get it. YOu can come pick it up at my place ill tell you where that is, or ill leave it at the lab and you can get it there after you work. Shipping is the speargun of choice for the wallet industry.

OK!! ill keep watch. I think my schedule is gonna be tight this semester. I hope i have enough time to work on my tank.

Yeah I have no idea when I'll be working out at ERL either. But then again, I don't have shrimp to check on twice a day like you do :). My trees just kinda...stay put.

Hey biffy - you should try to find some lace rock and just totally scape the tank with it. Since you don't have a lot of rock in your 55 (especially compared with how much you need in the 240) I would waste time trying to stop your new tank from cycling. It's going to!

Starting from scratch with the rocks will take longer but it would be worthwhile to get a really neat and full look in the tank. Going with lace rock and curing it yourself will save a ton of money as well.

http://www.reefsystems.com/images/lacerock/450lacefullview.jpg

that's a 450 gallon setup with lace rock... you could do something really neat with the 240 gallon

This is the coral farm's personal 235 gallon.. lace rock :) can't tell the difference!
http://www.reefsystems.com/images/235reef/Todd0.jpg

Well my LFS is cutting me a deal on live rock for the new tank, Bill said he'd give it to me for $3/lb (when it's usually $10 to $12). I think what I'm going to do is just cure it in my dining room in a big tub. That way the chance of me annihilating my tank will be lower. Neal's gonna love that!!!!

Thats a good deal. How much rock you putting in there. If you want more filler you should check out the foam reefs. I think I'm going to try the foam on my tank.

How much?? Ideally I would like around 500 lbs. But that's NOT gonna happen anytime soon. I will start with the 100 lbs that's in my 55 right now, and probably add another 100 lbs in a month or two. Then maybe add 50 lbs at a time, as my finances permit.

Back