biocube/ aquarium question

If you rinsed them in tap water,I would.
The fresh water most likely killed all the worms,pods,and mini star fish along with the bacteria.As that stuff starts to decay,its going to stink worse than shit.
Not only will it throw your tank in a big time cycle,but it'll stink up the whole house.

Have you ever been fishing on a hot summer day to a lake where there was several dead fish laying around on the bank?
Trust me,It'll happen.
When I first got into this hobby,I ordered some live rock online.When it got here,I put it right in the tank,thinking that it wouldnt be THAT bad.Now picture this *Feburary,its spitting snow mixed with freezing rain.Temps hovering right around 30*. Every window in the house is open,and I'm running all over town trying to find fans to put in the windows to blow the smell out.Wife was mad,kids wanted to move out,even the dogs didnt want to come in the house.

actually i see
cause when i took the first group of rocks out i washed it under tap water then i put it by the window to have it be sun dried

wow
i see what you meant
i left the live rock that i just bought in there
but i took out the ones i rinse yesterday
they smelt like a combination or trash and baby diapers
also there was all this slime stuff and dead works rolling off into the water

It'd be a good idea to go ahead and get some water mixed up.Your gonna see a spike in ammonia.And your gonna need to do some water changes to *hopefully* keep from killing your hermits and snails.
Or better yet,Set up a QT tank for them and let your Bio-Cube cycle.

also when should i add in the protien skimmer
it was designed to fit perfectly into the biocube
so im just wondering if i should put it in or not

Yep,get the skimmer running.Like Dustin said,its got break in anyway,and it'll pull some of that dead gunk out the water.

alright
so yote
how long should i wait before i add those older tap water washed rocks

When the smell of death is gone.Which will take a while.
Get yourself a rubbermaid tub,heater,and small powerhead.Put those rocks in the rubbermaid with saltwater,along with the heater and powerhead.
That way,your basically just recuring those rocks.And once the ammonia and nitrites in the rubbermaid drop back to zero,you'll have good live rock again,thats ready to go back in your tank.

thanks
so it turns out the protien skimmer doesnt even work
i just bought it and its already broken
it seems to me that everything that i buy for my aquarium breaks or doesnt work
its really pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which skimmer do you have? Is it the Bio-Cube skimmers?
Its the one for the bio-cube,there not much that can break on it.Just needs an air pump to run the wooden airstone.

the pump is broken
but thats not all that breaks
when i first got my tank i always was replacing the lights cause they kept on breaking
and the fans would always burn out
then the thing that cooled down the lights would break
i just dont have the best of luck with this saltwater aquarium

Just so you know.Its the Bio-Cube itself your having trouble with.
The store I help at,has quit carring the Bio-Cubes because of the problems.Ballasts going out,fans not running,pumps quiting.3/4 of the ones we sold,had some kind of problem.Which made us look bad as the store that sold them.
But most of the problems are in the hoods.
Maybe its time to upgrade to a bigger tank?:D

Back