Biodarwin's 55 gallons of glory

Got some new gear and new rock in. I bought these to help with the flow:

powerheads.jpg

Here is a full tank shot. Not impressive compared to a lot of the tanks here. It definitely takes some time.

fulltankshot02-14-09.jpg

Hey, every tank was new and empty at some point! We all start the same way, and all of our tanks looked like that in the beginning. Once you start adding animals, it'll begin to look the way you envision it.

Things are looking good and you have some good equipment to get you goin. I love those powerheads.

Think on the positive side, at least your tank is algae free! :)

Thanks for all of the comments! The koralia's do scare me a bit. It seems like one of the clowns wont enter the top 1/2 of the tank. It's like he gets swept away by the current. I'm probably just paranoid. I dunno why this aquarium deal makes me freak out. I own small consulting firm and I have to handle high pressure situations and it never effects me. One small thing wrong with my tank and I start to freak out. I guess that just comes with experience.

If you ever get over that,please let me know how:D
For a hobby thats supposed to be relaxing,it can sure make you pull your hair out.

enjoyed the pictures, turn the pumps upward until you get just a slight lift in the surface water and good ripple effect, this will help with the fish and provide an excellent gas exchange, the rest of the tank will also circulate. looking very nice so far.

As my tank is progressing I have changed my "stock list" so to speak. I decided I didn't want to deal with a goby undermining my rock formations.

2 Misbar Clowns 6” (Already have)
1 Red Velvet Wrasse 3.5”
1 Lineatus Fairy Wrasse 5”
1 Golden Midas Blenny 4”
2 Skunk Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs

I wrote down the approx addult size in inches out to the left. My LFS said 1" per 3 gallons of water with the inches being the adult size of the fish. This would equal 55.5. Does this seem overstocked to anyone?

I tried to pick fish that were not that common, but not exactly rare either.

Back