BL1's 75g upgrade

Great aquascaping brian, I wouldnt worry about a cycle as the rock wont be out of the water for long. So wont be any die off really.

Finally got my lights in today! Not bad, only took a week but, I would have liked an e-mail shipping confirmation at least. So here they are, 2x250w MH and 4x54w T5HO. I'll probably run the T5 30mins before and after the MH lights, since I was advised that 715w was overkill on a 75g tank. I think I'll want to replace the MH bulbs too, they're supposed to be 15,000K but they look very yellow to me. Definitely not as blue as my 14,000K NC.
DSCN0707.jpg

Thanks guys!
I've already got so much light coming from over the tank, I don't think I'd like it to have the fixture even higher.
It's pretty blue but, not as bad as it looks in the pics. I can't figure out how to get my camera to not over-correct it. My corals have some amazing colors under the actinics but, they just end up looking blue in my pics

It's only 75 lbs, it only looks like a lot because I put the rocks down first before I poured the sand.

ok, so i think about 50 pounds would work out alright in my tank when i go to set it up. how long did your cycle take?

My tank didn't have noticeable cycle, my live rocks came right out of my other tank.
Was the other rock Marco rock? If so, I'm really suprised you didn't have a full blown cycle. Maybe you got something different (base rock), but the Marco rock we used to setup my cousins tank a few years ago was basically dried out Fiji live rock. It had tons of dead stuff on/in it. We even found a few dried up brittle stars in the rocks. She cycled the tank with Marco rock and a few lbs of live rock.

Was the other rock Marco rock? If so, I'm really suprised you didn't have a full blown cycle. Maybe you got something different (base rock), but the Marco rock we used to setup my cousins tank a few years ago was basically dried out Fiji live rock. It had tons of dead stuff on/in it. We even found a few dried up brittle stars in the rocks. She cycled the tank with Marco rock and a few lbs of live rock.

Yep, it's from marcorocks but, it's the key largo rock. Nit sure if it's different that way but, there was nothing on them to die off, it looked totally fresh just a lot of dust and debris on them.

Back