BL1's 75g upgrade

I'm glad it's working so well for you BL1. Maybe once people see how good these things actually work, we'll get some more converts, save some people money on expensive skimmers, and we can get rid of all of the algae conversations on the forum.:D

Thanks again everyone!! It was a rough few weeks with this tank, I was close to taking it all down.

Wow! It looks like the scubber is doing its job! Hopefully things will keep getting better.

And, I'm with Erin, all of your zoas look great, but those first zoas are BEAUTIFUL! Do they have a name?

I believe those are my eagle eye zoos but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I'm glad it's working so well for you BL1. Maybe once people see how good these things actually work, we'll get some more converts, save some people money on expensive skimmers, and we can get rid of all of the algae conversations on the forum.:D

It is amazing how well they work. I don't know if you've seen Santa Monica's SM100 but I'm trying to come up with plans for a similar one only cheaper and also one for much bigger tanks as well. I have plans in my head but, I'm not good at getting them on paper.

Hey BL1 that looks great! Im glad the scrubber is working for you. I love mine. But I have never had a skimmer so I have nothing to compare it to.

And Biff good luck on the build!

So I was trying to get some good pics in my tank today for this months contest ... and here are some others
watermelonzoas2.jpg

zoas2.jpg

Ric4.jpg

CandyCanesFeeding.jpg

WatermelonZoas2.jpg

Here's the current update on my scrubber/algae battle ...

One month ago, and Day One of my scrubber

FTSScrubberDayOne.jpg

After two weeks

FTS-1.jpg

And today

FTS12Feb.jpg

I'm extremely impressed with the scrubber and I'm a believer now. In the past month, my nitrates and phosphates have gone down to 0, I haven't done any water changes, and I have not manually removed any of the algae from the tank.

IMO that is truly impressive and speaks for itself, as far as effectiveness.

Back