Brittany's teeny tiny reef!

I tested my water again today. What would you say the results come out to be? The colors are so hard for me to read.

IMAG1677.jpg

IMAG1679.jpg

To me in person it looked like between .25-.50 ammonia, between .00-.25 nitrites and 5 nitrates. I'll wait another week or two to add fish just to be safe I think.

looks like .5 / 0 / ~10 to me , I would test again in a few days then once more this weekend . After that you should be good to go

looks like .5 ammonia to me but then again I'm only looking at a photo. Those api test can be deceiving. Like you said, I would also give it another week to be safe.

looks like .5 ammonia to me but then again I'm only looking at a photo. Those api test can be deceiving. Like you said, I would also give it another week to be safe.

Yea I thought it might be .5 also for ammonia. But the colors are so close together its so hard to tell. Oh well.

So the game plan for this week is on Tuesday ill be constructing my aquascape with the dry pukani rock and Thursday my light should be here and I got some white peices of sand in with the black and the hubby wants all black so ill add another bag of black sand.

is your rock herrrrrrrreeeee yet? i wanna see the scaping you work up for this guy. it'd be so nice to have something smaller to work with - you'll do an excellent job, i'm sure.

It's not here yet! Boo! It said by the end of the day Tuesday do I'm thinking maybe 4-5. I think I'm gonna watch Madagascar to pass the time. That's such a cute movie Haha. Whatever the aquascape turns out to be I have to give my hubby credit bc the design is his and I'm just going to make minor adjustments as I see fit Haha. I'm letting him take a crack at it this time with my instruction! I told him I want it to be very minimalistic. He says it gonna be one big arch that goes from one side to the other with a support brace in the middle going to the back....like I tripod I soppose. We will see how it turns out!

The rock is here! Here some pics of it all lined up! We will deff be breaking the huge pieces up into smaller and easier to work with peices! Stay find for the finished aquascape!
IMAG1728.jpg

IMAG1729.jpg

IMAG1727.jpg

wow, they really are. my rock looks like crud compared to that. hmmm...

Lol you need to get some of this then! It cost me a total of 47 bucks for 10 lbs. 12 of it was shipping. I don't even think all of this is gonna fit in here. We are about halfway done with the scape..

maybe you ship over whatever you have left for a fair price? i don't need much unless you're gonna use it for a fuge or in your other DT. let me know if interested.

I actually planned on keeping it for the future upgrade of the 29 gallon. Idk when it will be but i know I'm gonna eventually upgrade.

Okay here it is! The live rock is only going to stay in there until the dry becomes live...it may stay like this or may add a little more. Not sure yet. The zip ties are temporary until the epoxy hardens..I didn't want to use epoxy but that's the only way to make the arches stable. I like how it is very open, so when I get my powerheads there won't be any dead areas. Here's the pics! Tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions! the light sucks, I know. My new one will be here on Thursday.

IMAG1730.jpg

IMAG1731.jpg

IMAG1732.jpg

IMAG1733.jpg

IMAG1734.jpg

Back