bug thing

dwinzent

Reefing newb
i just got a new conch from my LFS and when i pulled the bag out i found this little guy in there with it. im not really sure if its a SW bug or not it kinda looks like a general beetle but it wasnt actually in the water. the LFS double bags everything and it was in between the two bags. so it could just be a beetle that snuck in the bag and died while they were in storage or something? anyway what i need to know is should i proceed with adding the conch to the tank or shoulg i QT it for a while? i dont really have a QT but i have a bucket with fresh SW and could prob get ahold of a heater and powerhead to make it a tank. ill be acclimating it for about 30min so let me know.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 227
ok thanks for the speedy reply Biff. i wasn't sure. they opened a brand new box of bags when i was there and i wonder if when the bags were in storage this guy crawled in there and died. the store was pretty busy when i was there so i can see how they missed it, but im glad it wasnt i n with my conch! it might have ate it and turned into a giant beetle!:shock: lol

Back