button polyps

steelcity

Reefing newb
When I purchased a small colony there was more bright/neon green on the polyps than what there is now? They have been in my tank for about 2 months now. There is still some bright green ones but not as many. They have turned to a brownish color. They have grown but just lost the color. They are about mid-level in the tank. Not sure what's up with them.

My lone mushroom and xenias are doing well.
Params are all good. Light is a Coralife 20 Inch Aqualight with 1x96W 50/50 4-Tube.

Also, what will this light limit me too? Sticking to the soft corals for the time being but will this light allow me to progress to others?

your lighting is different then the store you bought them from, so the coral will change color and acclimate to your light. just move your polyps up higher in your tank. and with that light your stuck with low light corals, mostly softies..

I would recommend upsizing your entire system when you can. I would not invest SSS into a new light for such a small system. JMO

i hear ya. I'm going to get a octopus skimmer but will keep everything else the same. This way I can use the skimmer on a larger tank in the future.

Back