Calling of Dismantlers

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
I'm thinking of building a canopy so I can add a MH light over my 29G. I'd like to dismantle my 30" Current USA Nova Sundial; keeping the ballast, reflectors, bulbs and timers. So... has anyone ever busted one, or something similar, open? I'm no electrician by ANY means so i haven't taken it upon myself to delve into the Chinese wiring.

well, i took apart my light fixture, it was an odassea, it had 4 power compacts in it... and i'll tell ya, with the way that thing was wired, i'm surprised more of them didnt start more fires... holy crap... innsufficient wiring, the insulation was all cracked and you could see the wires through it from all the heat... yea... it was a nightmare...

oh, and i am an electrical engineer...and i wouldnt do it again... just too much of a pain.. i can go buy new bigger better ballasts, and bulb holders, and build canopies with 16 - 48 inch t5's in it faster... and i dont have to worrie about that old wiring either... and end up with something way better in the end...

just my personal experiences on the subject... YMMV.

Back