can i add these two fish together

mennazeher04

Reefing newb
ok im at petco right now and i want to buy a scooter blenny but i also was planning on buying a diamond wathman goby......now a couple question about the blenny...will he clean my sand or what will he do? i really like the blenny cuz his personality is awesome. so main question is can i have both in my 120 gal with 150lb of ive rock? thanks again

i personally wouldnt buy either for two reasons. 1) they are from petco so they probably wont last long and will probably infect your tank at the same time. 2) your tank isnt mature enough for either of them since the goby eats the micro fauna out of the substrate and will quikly eat it all and strave to death, and the blenny eats copepods which it will also eat the entire population before it can re produce

Eh I disagree with Dustin. Both of those fish eat live food, yes. But, most of the time, they also eat frozen food with no problem either. I don't think you need a mature tank to keep them happy.

thanks everyone for the info but im not planning on getting the diamond goby until later when my tank is mature enough. I hate to say it but all of my fish right now are from petco, and the only reason that is, is because the closest fish store to me is like 1 1/2 from me.

Yeah ive been to the stores up in knoxville and in franklin for stuff for my cat and I always look around the fish section, but nope not a single salt water fish in there. I dont even think they have saltwater stuff.

Really? We have petsmart and petco and the petco is saltwater mostly and the petsmart is all fresh but have some saltwater supplies but no salt fish.

I've found that to be really weird. Our Petsmart has a HUGE selection of saltwater accessories yet no saltwater fish. Petco has a lot of saltwater fish, yet hardly any supplies.

Hum... I thought a Scooter Blenny was in the same family as a Mandarin Goby and ate pods as well. True? I have had both and my SB did eat frozen food, but the MG would not.

I have a Palm and I have this fish compatibility chart that I carry around in it. I got it from this website someone posted on here a few months ago. It leads to a site that has been working on a coral database for your handheld. They also had a compatibility chart for the handheld for you to download free. Good to have when you decide to impulsively buy fish. You can just see if it's compatible. Just click on it to enlarge.

compatibility_chart.jpg

Back