Chaos's First Salt 20g

Thanks yote, i am too.

Also thanks for that tip im ordering some stuff for the two doctors and was wondering if i should do that. So the builder is better than the buffer? I was looking at that and the Buffer says it raises alk when PH is a problem and i have a really low PH at night which i never have tested at night before it was at 7.8 overnight and its usually 8.3 when i test which is what it is now since the lights have been on a few hours.

Will the buffer keep the PH up at night or am i seriously in need of a refugium to keep up the photo period over night?

On a side note i just had an idea and im testing it now i made a sort of nilsen reactor from 2 bottles im using one with over saturated limewater and the other with fresh water and the limewater bottle is sealed to keep CO2 out and it draws fresh water from the other bottle to saturate more of the settled lime I would really like to see how that works im waiting now for the water to settle out so i can start the drip.

And now for some pictures to get more thread replies LOL

The new anenome:
2843313870093078603S600x600Q85.jpg

And my "20 oz Nilsen Reactor":
2950799050093078603S600x600Q85.jpg

And then the reason not to use your finger to check if the heater (that is now out of the water) is still on:
2151831560093078603S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lol im not sure licking my finger would have helped i tapped it and it pulled skin there wasn't a wait at all it was just plain hot! lol

My nilsen reactor obviously needs a bit more thought, for the limewater container i think it needs a flat bottom container so that the water coming in can stir it. It did deliver a bit of calcium last night it tested at 420ppm tonight its at 480ppm with 20 oz of water dripped. alk at 6 dkh also up from 4 dkh

After receiving my order from the two doctors I used reef builder to raise the alkalinity and i have to say i love that stuff. Two maximum doses 2 days apart and the salinity is up from 7 to 13 I purposely overshot my goal of 12 so i can see how fast it is being used up to adjust my kalk drip but in the two days over raising alk i can actually see more coralline below the heaters. I guess i have the very shaded form of coralline I would rather have the high light form tho so it grows near the top of the tank. But anyway just wanted to say i love Reef builder

I enjoyed the update until the ugly pic. I sure know how that feels. Halide bulbs get real hot too. keep us posted.

Finally decided to stop using my phone for pictures and i got a tripod for my camera here is a macro shot. I forgot to clean the glass lol.

Back