charlie's 29g cube

Looks good! I hope the new clown does better and I like the spot too!

But just so you are aware, the long tentacled plate corals are harder to keep than the short ones, so be sure to keep up on the water quality and perhaps do some spot feeding.

i have been feeding the plate brine shrimp once a day, usually 10-15 brines spread out over 4 or 5 squirts from a medicine dropper, I try to spread them out on its tentacles. it grabs them and pulls them in as soon as they touch the tentacles. should i be feeding it more?

couple more pics from tonight

Untitled.png

Untitled-1.png
Ha ha I love that picture of the emerald crab!:lol:

thats a nice clown, be carefull with your next fish tho, thats a pretty mean clown lol my boy had one then tried to intoduce another fish and it got riped to pieces lol

yea I am starting to notice it seems pretty fiesty, today as soon as i put the medicine dropper in to feed it in less than a second it grabbed the dropper by the tip and pulled it out of my hand. gotta find a fish that can compete with that for food! should i try to add the other fish kind of soon (within the next couple of weeks)? i am worried that the longer the clown has the tank to itself the more aggressive it might be to a new comer.

I doubt they really have a sense of time that advanced. If he's already staked out his territory it's likely as bad as it's going to get.

There are methods you an use to lessen aggression (if it is a problem....gotta' wait and see first) like isolating the aggressor while the newcomer explores the tank for awhile.

Been a while since an update... traded the clarkii back into LFS for a percula I liked, added a toadstool, another plate, a bicolor blenny, and a couple peppermint shrimp. Had to remove the GSP after the emerald crab decided to mow it down over the course of a couple weeks :( . Both the green and red mushrooms have grown quite a bit.

photo65.jpg

photo67.jpg

photo68.jpg

CIMG0303.jpg

photo71.jpg

photo74.jpg

photo72.jpg

Back