Clownfish?

AnthonyTheNewbie

Reef enthusiast
So, my two clown fish are damn near inseparable. Does that mean they are starting to form the pair bond that will eventually lead to mating? I've seen the larger of the two charge the smaller and he almost right away turns submissive. Are these all good signs?

Keep your fingers crossed for me? My LFS told me he'd by Juvis from me for 10-15$ a piece depending on how many I was willing to sell him at a time. Chances are if they do end up as a mated pair, most of the eggs would just end up as a snack for my other fish. But, every once in a while it'd be a nice way to get some store credit built up.

I will, but also want you get a realistic idea what it takes to get clownfish to breed and then rear the fry. Its not easy, its not like tossing two dogs together.

You should spend some looking at this site, its not the easy, money making venture you seem to think its going to be. MBI - Marine Breeding Initiative

I already have a site book marked for it, and he already told me he'd supply me with the food for the fry for a discounted price. Breed Clownfish | Saltwater Fish Breeding <--- Is the site someone else already gave me a link too that I found very educating. It's not about making a lot of money. It's about helping my LFS stock up while earning some store credit.

Also, I have the tank I'm setting up for a nursery, and I'm in the process of finding a few inexpensive sumps/skimmers. I've done my research already.

Not yet, I don't have any of the original pairs of clowns I use too. I sell fish in my spare time, so, I'm constantly buying and selling new clowns. I have 3 pairs that I'm letting grow to full maturity so I can attempt breeding them. A pair of premium snowflakes (I actually have 2 pairs of them but I'm going to be selling one pair), Pair of B/W clowns, and a Normal Snowflake and B/W that I'm trying to get a Black Ice from. The rest of my fish come and go on a regular basis lol. :)

Back