Constant drip water changes

Drilled 55 custom

Reefing newb
Any of you freinds have a constant drip water change setup? I'm in the trial n error phase of this project. I have a 10 gallon tank above the DT, with clean circulating saltwater mix that is set on a constant drip to the DT. On the other end of the DT, I have a drain system valve adjusted to drip/drain the same volume as the top off supply. To make up for evaporation, I placed a 5 gallon container of freshwater above the DT with a slow drip rate supply. I was attempting to do the math, but it didn't add up, so I'll play this trial n error game another couple weeks. Thanks for any advice you can share!

Dennis (d2mini) has one that's worked for him. Kept his water parameters at really great levels. It's pretty much using 2 dosing pumps I think to continuously change the water out. It drains to the outside of the house.

i have mine setup kinda the same way,i mix the top off water on the weak side like a 2 to 1, 2 parts fresh to one part pre mixed saltwater,i turn my skimmer to skim wet and then when the water tops off it adds some salt as well,there for replacing the drained saltwater with the weaker saltwater

Back