Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Toby the Goby has been MIA the last few days. This will be the 3rd fish lost from this tank, no sign of bodies ever found (and I have looked all 3 times). It has to be the cats. There's no other explanation.

Biff, sorry to hear about Toby. Your cats must be amazingly dexterous. Maybe you can cut a piece of plexiglas or eggcrate to block their future meals from your tank. Let's hope he is just hiding. :(

Catherine

Well, maybe my cats will start leaving my tanks alone. Last night, NDB and I finished making them their very own "Cat Clubhouse". We turned one of the spare bedrooms into a cat room, with a whole bunch of cat furniture, beds, toys, I even put down two types of flooring so they can choose if they want to lay on the carpet and be warm, or cool off on the tile. I moved their litter boxes in there (we have 3 igloo litter boxes) and all their food bowls, and I have a rack that has 4 shelves on it. I put layers of fleece on each shelf to make a set of "bunk beds". And NDB installed a cat door in the door to the bedroom so the dogs can't disturb them.

Maybe they will spend more time in the Clubhouse now and less time eating my fish.

Maybe toss them some
1388206_132.jpg
to satisfy this current craving :12: :mrgreen:

Well, maybe my cats will start leaving my tanks alone. Last night, NDB and I finished making them their very own "Cat Clubhouse". We turned one of the spare bedrooms into a cat room, with a whole bunch of cat furniture, beds, toys, I even put down two types of flooring so they can choose if they want to lay on the carpet and be warm, or cool off on the tile. I moved their litter boxes in there (we have 3 igloo litter boxes) and all their food bowls, and I have a rack that has 4 shelves on it. I put layers of fleece on each shelf to make a set of "bunk beds". And NDB installed a cat door in the door to the bedroom so the dogs can't disturb them.

Maybe they will spend more time in the Clubhouse now and less time eating my fish.

great idea. It's almost like a fish tank for cats!

How are your kitties liking their new room? sounds sweet!

I got a royal gramma for the tank today. He's floating now. I swear to god, if this fish doesn't make it, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I picked a royal gramma because they are mean little mofos, and they are tough. I hope that it will be able to withstand whatever killed the little gobies.

They need a 30 gal. Don't make me come over there.:toothy12: Well let see the pic!

I know they do! When this contest is done, all the stuff in the tank is going to be moved anyways, so this will only be a temporary home!

My tank is being overrun by pods. They are covering the glass, since there hasn't been any fish in the tank to keep them in check. Today, I took a cup and skimmed the surface of the tank, and the cup was full of creepy crawlies.

Man I wish I could get pods like that. I know you know what you're doing. I just wrote that jokingly. I got nasty film too, but no pods in it.

You have fish in your tank, right? I guarantee that if you left your tank fishless for a month, you'd be overrun with pods too!

Okay here is a picture of the new fish in the bag.

120509151.jpg

And here are some pictures of my glass absolutely crawling with pods (yes I know the glass is filthy).

120509166.jpg

120509165.jpg

Ah the old dirty glass queen strikes again with a new tank! Goin with the royal eh? Pod pics came out pretty darn clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back