Contest Bifferwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered getting a frag plug and splitting one manually? Or just setting it in a cup of rubble to attach? I am thinking about using this technique. Also watch dkh I think that really will help with them from what I have read.

I have two of them in a cup of rubble right now. Ones that I ordered that had detached from their rocks during shipping. I don't really want to risk manually splitting them -- they are not cheapo little brown mushrooms. Each one is pretty costly, and each one is unique looking. I'd hate to accidentally maul or dismember one! I've done that plenty of times with other shrooms, but have not had the guts to try it with a ric yet.

First, some top down shots:
IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

FTS:
IMG_2759.jpg

The two little turds that don't want to stick to the rock, so they are banished to the tupperware until they shape up:
IMG_2763.jpg

A bunch of rics on rock pics:
IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

I like this idea, very anxious to see how it all looks when they grow and fully extend. I want an actinic shot!

Thanks! I actually don't have any actinics over this tank. Just a single MH bulb.

Last night it got so cold in our house. I had taken the heater off the tank since it was getting too hot, and this morning the tank was 69 degrees! I put the heater back on, but the temp has only gone up a couple degrees in the last few hours. I'll get it sorted out tonight when I get home from work.

Hey Biff I think I saw a spot on the second picture that you might be able to fit one more on.:mrgreen: Tank looks great

Hey Biff I think I saw a spot on the second picture that you might be able to fit one more on.:mrgreen: Tank looks great

Well if these guys don't grow fast enough, I'm going to have to buy a bunch more without telling anyone, glue them all down and be like, "Hey guys! Look at how fast my rics have spread! It's amazing!!! :mrgreen:"

Well if these guys don't grow fast enough, I'm going to have to buy a bunch more without telling anyone, glue them all down and be like, "Hey guys! Look at how fast my rics have spread! It's amazing!!! :mrgreen:"

but we know better than that. i guess i could just fill mine with xenia i think i have enough of it to fill 3 ten gal tanks

That's awesome! When target feeding my corals last night I decided to try your plan and hooked mine up with some mysis. It redily accepted it! I'm excited for accelerated growth!

That's awesome! When target feeding my corals last night I decided to try your plan and hooked mine up with some mysis. It redily accepted it! I'm excited for accelerated growth!

That's awesome! So you saw some little chunks of food stick to its bumps?

I've been having temp problems with my tank. It went from being in the 60s at night to the 30s at night within a matter of the last 2 days here. So we fired up the furnace, but the room that the tank is in does not get much heat. Three night ago, the tank was at 69 degrees in the morning! For some reason, the heater had not turned on. I messed with the heater throughout the next day, and the next night it got down to 72. I think I finally found the sweet spot, because it was at 75 this morning. Hopefully it'll stay that way!

Yes food did stick to the bumps, but that's not all. It took 2 pieces of shrimp and its mouth opened up real wide like 4x and swallowed it all. It was just like feeding my lobophyllia.

Really sucks about your temp issues. I thought my tank was at 68 the other week. I almost turned my heater up thinking it was wacked out. Turns out my digital thermometer was bad. Good thing I didn't crank up the heat I was sitting pretty at 75.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back