Contest Bobby

Oh was planning on having saltwater and live rock in my tank to, must have gotten that from you also.:mrgreen:

What! You again?! Damn your voodoo! You're good, but not good enough for my power. It is how you the "ON"!

There's nothing in it to crash yet. Just water and rock. I do plan this week to get the canopy built, lights on, heater added, and my small gold bar moved into it. I planed on different fish, but my gold bar has been hid in the corner because it's constintly getting picked on. I have had him for a year and he has not really grown at all so I think he'll be fine in there.....Atleast untill I win the contest that is and move him into a 28.LOL

I built the canopy today and retro fitted the lights in it. Just missing a coat of black paint. I made it to fit on top. Really wanted it to hover over the tank to keep the heat away, but I only had one stud in the wall were it was going to mount it and didn't want to risk it. If the fan doesn't keep it cool enough I may hang it from the ceiling. Also it look really yellow right now. That's because I haven't bought the 65K bulbs yet and am using 27K. The 65k are much whiter.

tankpics026.jpg

I was planning a/couple gobys and shrimp, but my gold bar maroon was getting the crap beat out of it in my other tank, so I put him in the ten. He's in the pic in the top right, but is kind of blurry. He was forced to stay in the top left hand corner of my tank and if he moved the other fish would beat it up. I plan to add a couple of shrimp though.

Just got back from the store and picked up two new bulbs. Looks a ton better. I'm also added the first corals right now and once they open I'll get a new pic up. First corals are anthilia and a rock with three purple deaths.

Okay here are some pics. I really need to take better pics if I'm going to win this thing.
PD's not fully open
tankpics029.jpg

antilia
tankpics028.jpg

FTS with new bulbs
tankpics027.jpg

Just wondering how many watts is that heater? Nice to see that you got some stuff going in there.

HAHA I'm planning for the future! DUH! No The heater is just a temp till I buy a 10 gal heater. I had to use it to keep the water warm for my gold bar maroon.

Did you take your HOB out? I thought about going heater less, but at night when it's cool and I leave the windows open I'm afraid it'll get too cold.

Oh wait. I just realized I AM using a heater on my contest tank! DUH! I feel like a total dumbass now. Hahahaha. Nevermind...move along...

Been working on the pic taking. Here are some better shots of the coral. The PD's really look this maroon under these lights.

tankpics033.jpg

tankpics032.jpg

Back