Contest Ted

Ted?!?! where are you? we havent gotten an update from you today!

yea i know for the next little while its, nothing has changed cause its still cycling, but we still wanna hear from ya! if nothing else to make sure that you didnt fall into one of thoes potholes on 410!

i hope setting up this little tank didnt give him a hurnia or something... and now he cant get to the computer to let us know whats up with the tank :D

He probably just doesn't come on the forum every day. That would be my assumption. He is probably just fine. Enjoying rl

Last edited:
no I have been on. Just fighting a cyno bloom in my main tank. Did a major clean up on it last night after work. Put in my power head that I use to mix my saltwater with to increase flow. I didnt turn on the tank lights today on it just had the fuge light going. Came home tonight my wife had accidentally hit the cord on the extra power head and knocked it over. Right into the sand. Now my main tank looks all milky. Gonna take a day for it to settle. Hope it doesnt trigger another cycle. Sand isnt that old so shouldnt be to bad I hope. Anyway Nano is looking good getting a little Diatom bloom in it but I figured that would happen. Heres a new pic of it tonight.

Attachments

• DSC00111.jpeg
    DSC00111.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 285
ok added some cuc 3 hermits and 3 snails.

Attachments

• DSC00114.jpeg
    DSC00114.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00115.jpeg
    DSC00115.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC00116.jpeg
    DSC00116.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00117.jpeg
    DSC00117.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 257
ok I just went ultra cheap on a skimmer for this tank. So bring out the cheap police to get me here is what I just ordered. What the heck for 19.99 and the reviews I have read on the nano forums have been pretty good on it.

Attachments

• RTI01014_MD.jpg
    RTI01014_MD.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 253
That looks pretty cool to me, especially for $19.99.
it's a steal for a skimmer. What it work better than a $300-$400 one. :lol:

ok nothing really to exciting. Changed the position of one rock has a better cave effect at the right end. Also look at this "snail" that hitch hiked in dont think its a snail. doesnt have a shell. It is eating stuff off of the glass not sure what it is really.

Attachments

• DSC00118.jpeg
    DSC00118.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00119.jpeg
    DSC00119.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC00120.jpeg
    DSC00120.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 320
well either no one knows what that "snail" is or I am not that interesting. :grumble: Guess I should call it a slug since it doesnt have a shell. Or some type of nubranch same thing I guess. I will go looking for it on the web.

well it could be one of these. Stomatella varia It does seem to have a little flat hard part on its back so maybe it is a shell. However it is very small. so maybe a baby one. Hope the hermits dont eat it.

Attachments

• image023.jpg
    image023.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 256
Back