Contest Ted

Humm.....
Some of you think I don't work, I guess. :grumble:
Although my hours are somewhat free as to when I work, I do work about 40 hours a week. So there. :mrgreen:

No I think it was mine! While your rics look great they're no match for planned mystic field of pink anthelia. See it even sounds cool when I say it like that.

I was out of town for the weekend. I went up to Dallas and was helping my brother in law put the roof decking on the house he is building. Then came straight home and went to work. Was a lot of fun in Dallas he is building he's own house it's 3 stories and kinda Victorian. Very steep roof lines but heck didnt fall to my death so all went well. I do have a nice gash on the top of my head. I told my wife I was testing the strength of the rafters. They are plenty solid. Anyway tank is good I am ready to get some corals now just have to figure out where I can get the money for them.

thanks, I was trying to keep up on the new posts while up there but was just to dang tired at the end of the day. My brother in law is going to be setting up a reef tank probably next year or so. I showed him the site and is very impressed with every one so I am sure he will be joining us once he gets he's house finished. That will be a fun project we where already trying to figure out where to put a 200+ tank in there. Hopefully around the same time he gets a tank going I will have him help me make a stand for my three integrated tanks that I want to do. Anyway it is amazing what he is doing. He is literally building hes own house. No contractors no sub contractors just him and hes wife, he's father in law and occasionally help from other family members.

man, building one from the foundation up us a lot of work.. but it does allow you the freedom to put things where you want them, if you have a good plan that is...

oh, and biff, GOOD ONE! hehehe
its nice to see a woman with some spunkiness once in a while

man, building one from the foundation up us a lot of work.. but it does allow you the freedom to put things where you want them, if you have a good plan that is...

oh, and biff, GOOD ONE! hehehe
its nice to see a woman with some spunkiness once in a while
Ya he has a good plan he drew up the blue prints himself.

even better, so did he do anything specifically "eco friendly" like plan for solar panels or a solar water heater or anything like that? maybe a geothermal heatpump?
radient barrier roofing?
anything?

all of the above. The roof decking we put on has built in thermo barrier. The shingles hes is going to use are 100 year warranty. He is doing hardy plank siding so no wood in those. Looks like wood but is concrete. The beams are all engineered so no long wood need for those, saves on old growth forest. Etc, etc

Back