Coolhandgoose's 55gal build

I did some rearranging of the rocks and I"m super happy with the results. I took one huge piece of rock, the thing weighed like 50 lbs taking it out of the tank and chopped it into 4 other pieces. I created some new arches for the fish to swim around and they seem to love it. It also created a little more swimming room by getting rid of the huge boulder.
Here are some before and afters, Let me know what you think, my girlfriend likes it the way it was before but I think she'll come around.

Before
7690d1279334949-coolhandgooses-55gal-build-photosmall.jpg

After

photo1-4.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

Thanks guys, it's way more interesting to watch the fish swim around now.
It's funny too, the pipe I put in to attach nori to has become the new blenny hang out.
photo-3.jpg

I got these two new corals today for 25 bucks total.
Finger Leather:
photo1-5.jpg

and some mushrooms that looked pretty
photo2-5.jpg

I purchased this from before but it's a hairy mushroom, I got it for the clown but it doesn't go anywhere near the thing, still hosting my yellow tang.
photo3-4.jpg

Maybe someone can tell me if it actually is a hairy mushroom or not.

Well that sucks. I paid 20 bucks for that thing cuz I thought it was a hairy mushroom. Argh stupid LFS! Oh well live and learn, maybe next time I'll take a pic of what I'm buying and post it on here for Id before buying.

No that doesn't suck. $20 is super overpriced for a hairy mushroom. They should cost $1 or $2. $20 is right on par for a yuma ricordea. Ricordeas are much more expensive than hairy mushrooms. You lucked out. :D

Yuma > Mushroom. :D My single ric was $35. There's a BRIGHT orange one at the LFS I want but they want $60 for it, and it's only an inch across. Highway robbery.

But it looks so pretty...:grumble:

Wow so I haven't been around much lately, sorry about that, but here I am with a huge update to make up for it, plus pics!!

So since I haven't been here since Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone, hope everyone had a good time with friends and family. We had a really good time and even got a new puppy. I've been working lots and been away from home (and my tank) way too much. The new plane I'm on is definitely more tiring. Doing lots of all night flying and lots of longer layovers, ask me anything about the New York subway and I can point you in the right direction :mrgreen: Next week I'm gone for over a week flying the L.A. Kings around, should be fun, I have a 48 hour layover in Phoenix so hoping I might be able to get a round of golf in.

Here's some pics of me in the new plane (Airbus A320) and us flying over Alaska.

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

Pretty cool, eh? :D

And here's the new puppy

kyra1.jpg

Her name is Kyra. She's part Great Pyranese and border collie.

On to the tank.
The ricordea is pretty much still the same.
ricordea.jpg

The finger leather is getting bigger and is starting to grow 2 new fingers
fingerleather.jpg

The rock I have that has GSP and some green polyps has pretty much exploded so I've started to frag some of it because it's spreading like wildfire.
greenpolypsandcoralbeauty.jpg

gspandgreenpolyps.jpg

greenstarpolyps.jpg

I've gotten a few new corals as well.
Here's a frogspawn.
Frogspawn.jpg

An Acan. Hasn't opened much yet but I just got it today and this pic is like 30 minutes after it's in the water.
acans.jpg

And I want to try my hand at SPS so here's a hot pink birdsnest.
pinkbirdsnest.jpg

Looking good man!

Be very careful with the GSP. Once it starts spreading, it can be really hard to trim back. I'd isolate it on a "lone" rock before it gets too big! I had it all over my old tank and it just started taking over.

Back