CRAZY Emerald Crab...

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
So today, my crab decides to go for live food. I'm watching him, right at feeding time. I have one of those white plastic squared things that people use to cover their tanks. Well, I have a little piece of it in there and he's walking around under the thing (it fell and is laying on the ground). So I guess it's too tight for him and he picks this thing up, then picks up a rock that's under it and he's rootin' around under there. He grabs this huge fat bristle worm and runs behind a rock and starts eating the thing. I finally got to get a measurement while he was under the grids. His body is easily 3 and a half squares. Including his legs, sitting comfortably without his legs stretched, he was about 6 squares. He's getting really big. Has anyone ever heard of a crab going after a bristle worm? What can I feed this guy so he won't go after my horses?

Catherine

I just fed him a silver fish. How do you catch one of those? I would HATE to take apart all my rocks to get him. He's really big!

C

You lure him out with some bait. You can put the bait on a string, and when he grabs it, slowly raise him up. Then net him when he's mid-water.

Empty out a bottle of water, poke several small holes in the bottom (large enough to allow water flow but, small enough to keep the crab from escaping) then drop a silverside or something in there. Put the bottle in the tank near where your crab likes to hang out. Make sure the bottle is tilted up so when the crab crawls in he can't get out. And finally just wait and see.
I think Yote gave me this method and it took me 5 mins. to catch a Gorilla crab.

I just leaned the bottle top on my rock work near where I had seen the crab, and the bottom of the bottle was on the sand. Basically, he'll just crawl in the top to get the food and won't be able to get out because it's tilted

Back