Cube Build.

Doors being glued and screwed into place. Painting starts tomorrow.

TvJGatu.jpg

Nice FatMax.

How do you feel about only 20" of lateral swimming space? I guess a better question would be: what are your plans?

Stand doors this morning looking great..

JWg00Ag.jpg

The wife and I started to paint and this is what we had finished.

xtATKiN.jpg

iVrcOZo.jpg

Still have to paint the inside of the doors but I will do that tomorrow when I have more time. Also have the door handles to attach and also paint the light tree.

So after dinner I decided to head out and finish the doors and light tree and hanging kit for the Radion.
fxsz2ba.jpg

UFsyx8A.jpg

For the door handles I used some rope cleat dock ties. Thought it fitted the build.
ZBLLHhM.jpg

Moved it into the living room and done some cable management and putting together the wiring/controller and modules. Just putting in my time til the overflow box comes in Monday... Pictures to follow..

Kyle, no ill criticism intended, but I do have a question:
On the Bean Animal site, it says coast to coast overflows are much more efficient, which I also believe to be true. What was your reason for using a smaller one than recommended?

Again, not trying to pick a fight or be an ass, I'm just curious as to your reasoning behind it. Maybe I (all of us) can learn something if you've got a secret you're hiding. ;)

What did you use to glue the overflow to the glass?
I am using Silicone which is fine to secure an overflow box, I'm using marine grade (Boat) industry silicone which is aquarium safe, I have already contacted the company twice to hear it from two different people. For something internal as such I would not be concerned as it will hold. I have siliconed inside and out of the overflow box with two big beads. Note: it would be a hazard to use silicone to assemble say a acrylic tank, as it would not hold because of pressure. Water pressure is going to help hold the box in place as well. IMO anyways.

Kyle, no ill criticism intended, but I do have a question:
On the Bean Animal site, it says coast to coast overflows are much more efficient, which I also believe to be true. What was your reason for using a smaller one than recommended?

Again, not trying to pick a fight or be an ass, I'm just curious as to your reasoning behind it. Maybe I (all of us) can learn something if you've got a secret you're hiding. ;)

Two one is their own my friend. lol. It may be more efficient on a bigger tank with more surface skimming but I have a small cube.. If I was to make a coast to coast I would gain 5-6" on the box which doesnt really bother me then I would have to mess around with my return having to either go through the OF box or go out and over the OF box... Not what I was looking for. I have the exact setup on the 40B I built before this, with a 12" OF box and it worked great and no complaints. I have no secret but I like to do my own tests and own conclusions on what works best for me. Thats why I go this route really, just because there is a recommended stat to look at doesn't mean you have to follow it. :P :twocents:

Plus I never thought you were going to fight or be an ass. No worries man.

Back