CurtisL 29 gallon biocube

i have just the stock powercompact :- / and only one of the bulbs, i will have the acitnic running next week though ( someone is giving me a ballast, mine is out ) like i said, i cant believe how well the zoas and mushrooms are doing just under the one light.

Alright! so after testing my water i have just a hint of ammonia in the tank still about .25 - .50 ppm.. so no fishies quite yet. but i have bought some frags and here are the current pics! taken tonight!

a few of my frags i have got. the biggest ive had but the other three are new. the two that are the same i actually just split and put separate today so there not quite all opened.
97aa3353.jpg

my watermelon mushroom. picked it up today! hoping that it grows bunches i think it looks awesome!
37996711.jpg

this evenings FTS! i am going tomorrow i believe for some more frags! im so happy the tank is coming along.
ad590b88.jpg

Today i have added some armor of god zoas! and some candy apple reds! i got a three polyp frag of the candy apple reds for $10!!! i cant wait to frag that bad boy!

red candy apples

7d66c60a.jpg

look like armor of gods but not real ones. GOT THIS WHOLE COLONY FOR $10!

95c45faa.jpg

some green ones that grow like crazy

7df655ca.jpg

real armor of gods
23e90f95.jpg

now if they would start growing.. lol

well just removed all of the bioballs from the back and put in a filter sock. hope that i dont get any issues and everything stays happy! did a 5 gallon water change too so we will see! and if everything checks out next weekend im adding a hammer coral, a frogspawn, and finally my first two fish! two black and white clowns! wish me luck!

well tested everything tonight here is how it checked out:

salinity - 1.028
amonia - 0
nitrites - 0
nitrates - .10
ph - 8.2+

everything seems decent. i am guessing that my nitrates have gone up a bit because a few days ago i took out all of the bioballs and put in a filter sock.gonna se how that goes and then probably switch over to live rock rubble. any one have any input on that? also thought about the stevie t media rack? anyone experienced with those? i think i will be getting a hammer coral along with my pair of black and white clowns this weekend! any input?

wellll picked up the last of my corals today, now for them all to start growing in. i got a sweet hammer coral, and some neon orange ricordia and a blue ricordia. pics tomorrow! and i also think i will be picking up my clowns tomorrow :o)

i have everything in and im acclimating the clowns now! pics tonight! one orange and white and one black and white... hope they get along!

Back