cyano or red slime?

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok so my diatoms are under control , shut lights off for 24 hours and had them only on for half the time yesterday plus a 25% water change

but lately i been seeing this on my rocks and at first i thought of sweet , red coralline, but curiosity got to me and i decided to touch it well i slid my finder on some and it just peeled off, so im concerned ive never had red cyano , atleast not this bright, and ive never had red slime

im running some phosban , because honestly i know i been over feeding , kindda hard not to when only one fish eats, i have also reduced his feeding to every other day and i was content when as soon as i fed he darted towards the food :D

but back to the algae what is it and should it decimate now that im running some phosban?

i will be brushing as much as i can right now , another wate change is in session just to be on the safe side of the diatom outbreak
the only one with bubbles is the second pic
2011-09-08_19-58-20_942.jpg

2011-09-08_19-57-58_492.jpg

2011-09-08_19-57-05_885.jpg

haha thanks , well ive had cyano just never this bright red always brownish , atleast its not red slime lol, hopefully phosban will help , also good that only the places ive took pics of is where its mostly concentrated

OH MY GAWD!!! so while doing the water take out from the tank i decided to move the rock just a little , to reorganize the center rock, i move the big one on the left and i see a shell, no prob i take the shell out and talk about sewer water ....the turbo snail that i THOUGHT i had accidently thrown out was stuck under the big rock and apperantly died .....now this leaves me to wonder how the hell my test came out all clear?!?!?! man atleast i found the source of a problem ....

get it off get it off the stench wont come off my hands!!!!!!!!.....maybe i should start wearing gloves when handling my tank

Escargot anyone?hehe

Last edited:
OH MY GAWD!!! so while doing the water take out from the tank i decided to move the rock just a little , to reorganize the center rock, i move the big one on the left and i see a shell, no prob i take the shell out and talk about sewer water ....the turbo snail that i THOUGHT i had accidently thrown out was stuck under the big rock and apperantly died .....now this leaves me to wonder how the hell my test came out all clear?!?!?! man atleast i found the source of a problem ....

get it off get it off the stench wont come off my hands!!!!!!!!.....maybe i should start wearing gloves when handling my tank

Escargot anyone?hehe
The cyano was eating all of the nitrates.

cool well after the 50% water change tank is looking great and cyano dissapered :D hopefully i can keep it at bay

Back