d2mini's 28g Nano Tank of Angler Awesomeness

Does he use his lure ?
Those ghost shrimp look tiny

I don't really know what that was stuck to him, i didn't even see it until i looked at the pics. He's only maybe 3" long. Some of the ghost shrimp were about an inch long. So plenty big. Way bigger than that thing. I tried a silverside on the tip of a peice of wire but he tried twice and couldn't get it off the wire even though it was just barely on there. It kept getting stuck. Then he wouldn't even take it when i put it right up to his mouth.

I have not seen any lure yet. Do they all have them?

Yeah,they all have lures......throw a couple damsels in there......see who gets em first.
Oh,and I'm sure he'll get faster.....

Ok, this little guy sucks! :mad:
He's pretty much dead. Has ghost shrimp walking on his head and he doesn't care. Still breathing but probably not for much longer. I already sent in the email to Live Aquaria's customer service. How do they go about crediting your account? I doubt I have to send the fish back, do I???

That's too bad man. Sorry to hear. Are these guys normally hard to keep? I know nothing about them except they're so ugly they're cool. Kinda like an english bulldog.

There usually pretty good about refunds and don't ask for pics or for you to send it back to them. How long have you had him now?

This is from their website
"If your fish, coral, plant, or invertebrate doesn't
arrive alive and stay alive for 14 days, we'll credit
your account or refund your money."

I'd try calling them tomorrow and see what they'll do before your garauntee is up.

This is from their website
"If your fish, coral, plant, or invertebrate doesn't
arrive alive and stay alive for 14 days, we'll credit
your account or refund your money."

I'd try calling them tomorrow and see what they'll do before your garauntee is up.

Or start hoping he kicks the bucket within 2 days!

Shoot Dennis ,that sucks....
Guess i won't post vid of mine eating in slow mo for yours to watch...
Seriously though,not sure what his problem could be.....I'm sure you tried everything..

He's laying on his side, out in the open, in the same spot, since i saw him this afternoon. I put ghost shrimp in and they were literally walking on him and he did nothing. At least before he tried to chase them down. The lights have now gone off but he is still laying there. I tried poking him with a stick earlier to get him to move, and nothing.

Have you tried scallops ,table shrimp and krill....maybe the smell of them will get him more curious ...maybe just let a piece dangle from a stick.....
This sucks though,considering how long you waited...Will you just ask them to send you another one ?

He still hasn't moved. The lights are off so hard to see if he's breathing but I'm assuming he's a goner. Ya, it sucks but it just makes me aggravated. Will probably try one more, but if it doesn't work out again I'll sell the whole setup. It was free and I figured I'd give it a go with something unusual to make it different from my big tank, but it's so blah in comparison. We've had some other stuff going on since I set it up too, so I should probably just put my energy into the big tank. But we'll see.

I did try silversides, he went for them but either couldn't pull them off the little wire they were barely hanging on to or he didn't keep it in his mouth when he did manage to get it from some tweezers i tried. My anemone is faster at grabbing stuff then he was.

You gotta try one more time....sounds like you may have just got a dud....IDK....
I would try and get the next one to stick feed right away....don't even mess with ghost shrimp....i let mine settle in for 1 day and then tried a scallop...she took it down...then a few days later she got a damsel....Don't give up,there is an angler out there who needs you:Cheers:
Have you talked to live-aquaria yet??

Back