d2mini's 46g Bow Front

Thanks! :)

Here's the full tank shot i promised. One from front and one from the left side.

447528931_BD3Hh-O.jpg

447528880_ph2pC-O.jpg

Looks great dennis, I think that I need to build one of those magnetic frag racks they rock. Digging the tank man.

that tank is filling up FAST dennis, and james i believe those are digis not acros

Ya, i got a bunch of the corals for trading a pump to someone. I think that will be it for a while. I want to keep an eye on these and see how they do. My tank isn't really ready for sps but my fingers are crossed! Except I would like to replace the clam i lost after having it for only a day. :grumble:
Meanwhile I need to get a tunze nanostream for more flow, a phosphate test kit and a phosban reactor.
And I'm still on the lookout for a midas blenny!!!

And Ryan, the frag rack was easy. I got the magnets from kjmagnetics.com part #D82E

Keep your tanks calcium alk and magnesium up and your phosphates and nitrates down and you shouldnt have a problem with the sps.

so is it normal for acans to change color?
I was just noticing he is totally blue/green right now when yesterday he was reddish like in my pics on the previous page.
I wonder if I need to move him into some shade?

That tanks looking great Dennis.I see the coralline popping up.
You'll find that a lot of times,corals will change colors after you get them in your tank.Different lights and water conditions make different colors happen sometimes.
And I sure hope your BTA dont decide to hike to the other side of your tank.

That tanks looking great Dennis.I see the coralline popping up.
You'll find that a lot of times,corals will change colors after you get them in your tank.Different lights and water conditions make different colors happen sometimes.
And I sure hope your BTA dont decide to hike to the other side of your tank.

Thanks, Yote!
So far the bta has moved around a lot but he always stays on the left side of the tank. But ever since i redid my rock work and moved the powerhead to that position he seems real happy there. He's getting a lot of flow.

Here's my current bulb setup.
Still not sure I'm 100% happy.
Any suggestions for changes or leave as is?

Front
ATI Blue+
ATI Pro Color
ATI Blue+
Current 10k
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue+

447821655_5wLJQ-O.jpg

447528931_BD3Hh-O.jpg

Cool... ya, i like it best so far.
My tank was more pure white before when i had 3x 10k and 3x Actinic, but I wanted more blue and more par.
In the end I just want to make sure I've got great par and getting the most color pop out of my corals.

thats what im running also dennis and i think when i switch it up im going to go with this
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue+
ATI Aquablue
Purple Fiji
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue+ _____________

Dustin, what is the diff in color between the aquablue and the blue+?
Overall, how do you think that new setup will differ from the current?

Back