d2mini's 46g Bow Front

alrighty, i'm gonna have to start asking around...

i'm still scared to buy anything from one of my lfs's's's's's's's cause they had that horrendous outbreak of aipstasia a couple months ago, i've been back since and its looking better, but i dont know if they have gotten it all yet, and i'm scared of getting it, i've never had it, and i'd like to try and keep it that way.. so, what do i do? try, trust, hope, and deal or not take the chance?

Dennis, awesome gets! Love the detail and texture of the bubble coral and the spikes. that contrast of colors and textures is truly amazing. You know your problem? You don't have enough cameras! Do you like this new one?

Catherine

LOL! Can one ever have too many cameras? ;)

Nah, i actually only have my dslr and now two m4/3 cameras of which I need to sell whichever one i like least. The Olympys EP1 and this new Panasonic GF1. The GF1 has much faster auto focus, an af assist light, on-board flash, better lens... so i'm probably keeping this one and selling the ep1.

Ok, sorry man... but here's a few more nasty ones. ;)

674617333_5UUTk-O.jpg

674617419_pvBbc-O.jpg

674617444_t2vNK-O.jpg

Holy Hair Algae!! Keep it up and you'll have my 10g frag tank from 6 months ago beat!!

Love the corals!! I like that acan on the lower left/center in the first pic. Also like that purple bumpy mushroom behind and to the right of the hammer center/low in the 2nd pic.

Last edited:
LOL, ya... actually the reason I went with this tank was because it fit the only space in my house that I could put a tank. Well, where it would look good, anyway. And the other thing is I used to have a 150g but it got to be too much, and after a few years I tore it down. That was several years ago. So this time I decided to do it on a smaller scale. Part of me wishes it was bigger, but overall this size is best for me right now. Our house has been remodeled since the big tank was taken down and it's now very open with little usable wall space. Here's a shot of the main living area... which is where i like to have my tanks so I can enjoy them, rather than hidden away in a bedroom or something. The tank right now is right on the very right hand side of this photo, just off the edge.

347376197_TqHxG-L.jpg

Wow ur ritch

I think its cuz your mad photography skills

With all your fancy depth and macros and fstops and all that crap:mrgreen:

Love getting pics from you they are always a treat to look at

So back on pg 32 you added Mangroves, how are they coming? I have been thinking about adding some to my tank I know they have not solved your problems you are having but wondering you thoughts. Also do you have a pic of them in your fuge?

BTW your tank still looks great, algae or not...

Amazing tank, I get my 40g tomorrow and plan on something very similiar, hopefully before I die I'll have something like this!

BTW hows the Hair Algae since the last update?

Thanks. Better than it was but it's still there. But my corals are looking like crap. The HA had taken over my best zoas. One of my huge montiporas turned white over night and my other one is not looking good. Was looking cleaner when I was running GFO but moved that to my new tank. I'm giving up more on this one as I get further along with the new one.

Awesome tank! :D
I still can't comprehend how you get the color to pop out so much in your photos. Like, a picture of your sump looks like something you could frame on the wall.

My camera never co-operates with me, curse you Canon Rebel XT , Curse youu :p

Back