d2mini's 46g Bow Front

Thanks! :)

I'm planning on ordering some retrofit T5's for the canopy... hopefully this friday when i get paid. :^:

Finished building the hood last night... mostly.
Just need to decide what type of hinges to use for the top. Then fill holes, sand, paint and stain.

404490334_nVnnU-O.jpg

404490321_vsN8j-O.jpg

Thanks yote!

So i was at my lfs yesterday and i looked in one of their canopies. The hinges they used were the same ones i used on my doors... the hidden euro hinges. But this puts them on the inside of the hood. Looks nice, but I'm thinking this might not be good long term due to possible saltwater exposure. So I might just use normal flat metal hinges on the top/outside. I can get them in black which will blend into the stain color and the top sits at over 6' tall so no one will see up there anyway. Then maybe I'll add something to hold the door open, like those things under your car hood.

Everyone think this sounds good... or any other suggestions???

if the tank building companies put them under the door inside the canopy then i think youll be fine doing it too. also nice looking setup you have

I think you'd be safer with the regular metal hinges,even with them on the outside.
I've seen those euro-hinges pull lose.

Thanks Piggy!
Got the nail/screw holes filled last night. Just needs a final sanding and then I can move on to painting the inside and staining the outside.

haha, thanks hombre...

I just ordered my lights!
Ended up taking a chance on a set from Catalina, hoping melonbob's wiring issue was a one-time issue. I got the 35" with 3 actinics and 3 10,000k and a row of moonlights which i think are dimming. I should be able to grow anything! :D
Is that 3/3 light combo the best way to do it? I should still have time to change it if i need to.

Picked up another few pieces of live rock today from another reefer tearing down a tank.
So far all my rock has come from other established tanks. About 60lbs so far and I should be picking up some more small pieces this week.
I through on a 24" 2-bulb hood/light from a smaller tank i had laying around since it's still going to be at least a week before my new light show up. I figured this was better than nothing.

408514201_oeh4Q-O.jpg

Back