d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

Hey Dennis, :wave:

Just out of curiosity, how fast does your water evaporate with the open top? I'm also VERY curious to see your auto water change set-up. :idea:

Thanks,

Charlie

A little different perspective...

791602510_hYTCs-O.jpg

Dennis, I was thinking about your tank when I was shooting mine yesterday. You had a bow-front.... how much fun is it to shoot through straight glass! I totally love it the focusing frustration is gone. Great shot, love the perspective!!!!!!!!

Catherine

OMG, i hated that thing!

Actually though, with the 1/2" thick glass I still have to shoot pretty much straight on with the macros. But for this wide shot it was fine.

And Biff, to answer your question... YES. :mrgreen:

iTech 200.
About 12 hours short of one full week of skimming after a full cleaning of the skimmer cup and cone.
Tank only has 3 small fish in it and I feed a little once a day.
Tank has been fully up and running for a month now.

791872135_wsXuL-O.jpg

791872142_qdwvD-O.jpg

What kind of crab is this?
I thought it was a porcelain crab, but I didn't think porcelains had those fan filters.
I've got a lot of them and they are really cool to watch, waving their fans back and forth in front of their faces. :)

793013050_pfZh9-O.jpg

So Richard from TBS confirms that the first one IS a Porcelain Crab like i thought. Sweet. I've got lots! :D

And the second one is another Decorator Crab, just not as cute as the little red one.

Whoopie!!! I've some of those crabs also. Also from TBS live rock not quite a week ago.

Thanks Dennis :)

I could have never taken a picture of mine like that.

haha, they ARE cute! :D

Here's another shot of the crab, pulled back a little. You can see the fan from another one on the bottom right, and all the Rod's Food particles they're going nuts for on the top right.
Looks like outter space or something. lol

793340736_HNPBw-O.jpg

Here's another FTS...

Also been plumbing my water change storage tanks this weekend so I might have pics of those soon. :)

That's my new Blackrock Reef frag rag on the back glass. The magnets are stronger on this than the e-shopps frag rack.

793609923_UFxWx-O.jpg

Back