d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

ph is around 8.0-8.1
I can't get it any higher until i get a two-part dosing setup going.

I think it's my central ac/heat system that keeps the tank at a constant low ph.
My old tank never even got this high.

I wonder what makes the algae pop up only in that one spot though?

Well thats it! You have red algae! Just do yourself a favor and give up! Box up everything, including the tank, stand, livestock, lights, everything! Just send it to me! zip code 60563!!! Maybe I will have better luck than you! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Looks awesome! I don't think you should get doll furniture though! Maybe there is some sort of crab furniture for all of the cool crabs you have!

I'm betting it will dissipate as the tank evens out its bioload. You're already running phosban and all that in those reactors, I'm guessing.

Well thats it! You have red algae! Just do yourself a favor and give up! Box up everything, including the tank, stand, livestock, lights, everything! Just send it to me! zip code 60563!!! Maybe I will have better luck than you! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

lol.gif

Interesting ATO system.
You young people don't know how easy you have it.I use to carry 10 gallons at a time from A LFS 2 miles down the street by foot and up three flights of stairs...on my head.

Looks great, but yeah was thinking the same thing about fresh and saltwater as soon as I saw that pic. Another thing you have to think about is diffusion, even if the water does not "flow" per se to the other tank, concentrations of salt may if there is a constant connection of water between the 2.

LOL! C'mon peoples.... ya gotta keep up! :lol:

This is all part of my continuous water change setup.
The LM-III will be dosing new saltwater and the remote pump module will be pulling old saltwater out. :)

Got some red algae on the sand in the left corner behind the yellow sponge.
Sits on the surface of the sand and can be lifted out pretty much in one piece.
Shows up in that same exact spot everyday.
What's causing it? I should have flow over there. No less than similar areas on the opposite side of the tank.

Could be a dead snail, crab or critter under the sand in that spot. It will slowly rot and produce a hot spot of nutrients to feed algae.

Back