d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

Can you post just ONE ugly unfocused picture of your tank? :D

How much is your water bill going up with your auto change out system? It's nonstop, right?

Ummm... this one with just my actinics on is out of focus. :)

803237328_RLD4u-L.jpg

With the AWCS I'm changing out about 25g per week.
Now out of laziness, I wouldn't normally do a weekly water change so you are right, I am using more water than I normally would.
But i guess if I was doing what I should be doing (a 10-20% weekly water change) I'd be using a similar amount of water.

Dennis, even your 'ugly' shots are fabulous!

Ok, here's a request, do you have any shots of a human near or next to your tank? It would be fun to get a size reference in there.

What's your next project?

C

UPDATE!

Some of my sponges were finally starting to deteriorate a little bit so i decided to pull them out, which i just finished doing. Still have a few in there though. Recently I lost my clam and a couple sps frags that I just put in there were close to dead within days. Toxins from the sponges? What do you think?

I also discovered that a couple of my test kits went bad so just a reminder to think about that if you think you're getting some odd readings.
Before I realized it was the test kits, i thought the Brightwell salt I was using was giving me problems so i just switched to Reef Crystals last week with a 45g water change. Guess I'll stick with it since most people seem to like it.

Speaking of water changes, my auto water change system seems to be tweaked and working great now. Of course the large water change I did kinda made me have to start over as far as monitoring long term effects of the automated system.

I also got my 2 part system from BRS up and running and it seems to be working well.

Current water parameters are...

Calc - 500 - a little high, will back off on the dosing
Alk - 9.5
Mag - 1400
PH - 7.8 - I need to raise this somehow
Salinity - 1.026
Temp - 79
Nitrates - 5
Ammonia - 0-5

You could always ensure accuracy with the following:
http://www.hannainst.com/usa/prods2.cfm?id=009003&ProdCode=HI 83203-2008

Looks awesome as usual Dennis.I think it would look awesomer with more corals.Is this going to be your awesome POTM entry or are you waiting to take a more awesome shot?

How many ''awesome'' can I fit in one reply?Alot, apparently.

Awesome!

Looks awesome as usual Dennis.I think it would look awesomer with more corals.Is this going to be your awesome POTM entry or are you waiting to take a more awesome shot?

How many ''awesome'' can I fit in one reply?Alot, apparently.

Awesome!

lol, ya I need Christopher Walken to stand next to my tank saying "needs more corals!" :lol:

I've been letting the tank settle in, and the last couple corals (sps and leather) didn't do well. Been trying to figure that out. Plus having to deal with all 4 sides means spreading the wealth so it's gonna take a while.

Back