d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

looks great Dennis, Thats one sweet light fixture.

Whats with the wires hanging down? how dare you post pictures of a untidy electric cord just dangling around like it owns the place ;)

I just love the recovery you've got in your glass reflections. Just beautiful. Is that little red dot on the second and third pic your auto-focus? Would love to see how the tank looks in the room? I'm wondering if you are going to use this tank to take pics for your business, if so, wouldn't that make it a tax write off?

You have done a fabulous job of engineering this, Dennis, it looks wonderful.

C
haha, ya i dunno know that red dot is, i saw it after I posted.
I wish I could write it off. Maybe it if was in my studio. If i even had a studio. :mrgreen:

Thanks! :)

looks great Dennis, Thats one sweet light fixture.

Whats with the wires hanging down? how dare you post pictures of a untidy electric cord just dangling around like it owns the place ;)

Thanks Alex. And here I was hoping nobody would mind the wires dangling temporarily. Thanks a lot. :squint: :mrgreen:

Made a little more progress last night. Plumbing is complete below the stand.
And the lighting ballasts are hung.

Just need to finish the pipes in the overflow.

742929801_3NyGH-O.jpg

742929782_7RgWq-O.jpg

Man! Enough already, the suspense is killing me. Take a day off work and finish this beast. I honestly can't wait to see it complete. This so far has got to be the sweetest looking DIY custom I have ever seen.

what are your stocking plans as far as corals go sps, lps, softies? or just a good mix

Just your basic mix, like i have now. I'll be able to grow sps in the middle and then i have some low light areas of the tank that will be good for the softies. I like sps but i love lps and shrooms and zoas too. I'm an equal opportunity reefer. :mrgreen:

Man! Enough already, the suspense is killing me. Take a day off work and finish this beast. I honestly can't wait to see it complete. This so far has got to be the sweetest looking DIY custom I have ever seen.

Haha, OK! I'll do that tomorrow. :D

Just your basic mix, like i have now. I'll be able to grow sps in the middle and then i have some low light areas of the tank that will be good for the softies. I like sps but i love lps and shrooms and zoas too. I'm an equal opportunity reefer. :mrgreen:

that is what i have now but i want an all sps tank i need to talk the wife into a new tank. the biggest thing i have run into is light and water quality. the softies and lps do better is less than perfect water and the dang sps need good clean water. so i am not having much luck with lps in my tank.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Gonna Finish the Tank, three day weekend!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

c

Ya, i'm right down to the wire! The overflow is finally going in tonite. That needs to cure, plus a it's going to take me a few days to mix up the rest of my saltwater in 32 gallon quantities. I need to have water in by tuesday to make sure everything is running good before leaving town for 8 days! My brother stopping by every couple days to check on the other tank but that's not really going to help much if the new tank springs a leak.

Woah, wait a min, Dennis. You're leaving town for 8 days? I'm sorry, you didn't clear that with us, so you'll have to change your plans. We can't go without pics for 8 whole days.....:mrgreen:

C

Back