d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

You'll just have to hook up a webcam. That's all there is to it. And if anything, we'll keep an eye on your house just in case Biff's burglar shows up :mrgreen:

Looks so nice and clean...and just imagine...a month or so after filling it all up, it'll be all GREEEEEN and YICKY!

The wiring is out!
Now i can fit these cables down the dry pipe in my overflow. :)

743723778_GUEhq-O.jpg

Man they sure made it easy for you. Putting a terminal block and everything!!!!! All the fixtures I ever had the wires were landed directly where they needed to go. Pulled tight as guitar strings also!!!! That should be able to fit right down the pipe.

Water is going in!!!

Got my overflow installed thursday night, starting putting in water yesterday.
This is all the water i have so far, still making/mixing 30 gallons at a time. Got about 90 gallons in so far. Over the top of the first Vortech.

744992687_6QbDS-O.jpg

Started my skimmer going, just to test it out. Nothing to skim being that it's pure brand new water.
744992579_sss9C-O.jpg

Here's the overflow innards.
You can see the wiring for the lighting and vortechs going down the dry pipe.
Also the dry-dock for the vortech motors.
I have a strainer for the 1" main drain (short one in the middle) but haven't put it on yet.
The one on the left is the 1" emergency drain. 3/4" return split to two loc-lines.
744992658_PGBqT-O.jpg

744992639_PJ9qq-O.jpg

And the front of the overflow. Two areas on each side for taking in water plus the slot at the top of each side for surface skimming.
744992606_Jc3hB-O.jpg

Last edited:
:bounce:Groovy!:bounce:

Have you said how many gallons this baby is going to hold?

It sure is looking sweet. Love the modern/minimal design. Really cool. When's our web cam going in?

C

LOL! :D

Yes Catherine... empty without the overflow and filled to the brim it should hold around 130. But then there's the overflow and it will be a couple inches short of the top. But i have another 17 gallons or so sitting in the sump.

Back