d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

saw a photo of your tank in my LFS today on one of the EcoTech advertisement posters for the radion lights... Was like, HEYYYY D2MINI's tank and the guy was like Huh??

Photos are amazing as always dennis, love the lights though. Thought of getting some with cool functions like that!

One of the things that brought me to buy the Vertex Illumina was the storm feature which is similar that in your video except that it doesn't ramp down the color temp before the lightening (any idea why they do it). After living with it for 6 months I recently turned it off as I'm not often around to see it and it has the potential to spook the fish.

Is the new software going to allow the radion's to talk with the Vortech's yet?

Storm modes is still very cool, but a novelty I think.

I think it changes the color temp because that's what happens in real life when a nasty thunderstorm rolls in... it gets all yellow/green looking outside. It makes more sense during the day which is when i normally have it set. That was just a demo in the vid that I happened to run at night.

Right now the lights are talking to the vortechs for feed mode, but thats about it. Future software revisions will implement more features.

I think it changes the color temp because that's what happens in real life when a nasty thunderstorm rolls in... it gets all yellow/green looking outside. It makes more sense during the day which is when i normally have it set. That was just a demo in the vid that I happened to run at night.

Right now the lights are talking to the vortechs for feed mode, but thats about it. Future software revisions will implement more features.

So do the dim when you go into feed mode? Is this essentially a cue for fish and coral to come eat?

oh sorry, no.... at this point it just means you can use the buttons on the lights to put the vortechs into feed mode. Not a big deal. I guess depending on where you have your vortech controllers, maybe buttons on the lights would be more convenient.

oh sorry, no.... at this point it just means you can use the buttons on the lights to put the vortechs into feed mode. Not a big deal. I guess depending on where you have your vortech controllers, maybe buttons on the lights would be more convenient.

Ahh gotcha.

look familiar?
IMG_0368.jpg

Beautiful tank/thread!!!! I loved the whole 134 pages!

My friend sent me a link on my FB page wanting those lights and I sent him your tank build LOL.

Back