d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

I was curious if anyone else noticed that the picture that Marineland has up on its 3rd tab of the slideshow on their home page. The tab shows the Ecotech Radion. Is of Dennis' tank?

I assume its my photo but why would it be on Marineland's website? They make their own led lights. Got a link?

So the tank is going to a good home.
A small local shop is going to use it as there display tank when you walk in the store and I'll be able to store all my livestock in it until I get the new one setup. :)

But before all that, Ecotech will be sending a videographer to my house to do a lifestyle shoot for their marketing. Should be cool....

So the tank is going to a good home.
A small local shop is going to use it as there display tank when you walk in the store and I'll be able to store all my livestock in it until I get the new one setup. :)

But before all that, Ecotech will be sending a videographer to my house to do a lifestyle shoot for their marketing. Should be cool....

Thats really cool Dennis, to have set up as awesome as yours get to remain intact is fantastic.

Hey Dennis,

I was watching some of your videos and noticed that your skimmer/sump is basically silent. Any tips or tricks you can give us as to how to keep it so quite? I just got a skimmer and the hum is a little too loud for my liking!

Casey

Might sound different in person vs the video. But it's probably a difference in the pump and/or vibration of the skimmer and/or pump against the sump. I know that if I fiddle with the skimmer, like when emptying the collection cup, I then notice a lot of loud vibration because i moved it in the process. So i just slightly adjust its position until it quiets down.

In general, it's one of those sounds you don't seem to hear when standing near the tank until you shut it off, then realizing how much of a hum it was really making.

Video production has commenced!
The guys are setting up...

20120120DSC6412130gReef.jpg

Back