d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

I just use one of the Algae Free magnets on the glass every other day. My glass gets covered in that dusty green algae pretty quickly. Other than that, once in a blue moon I might have to get out the "blade on a stick" to get the stubborn stuff, but the magnet takes care of most of it.

What are you using?
In my experience the Mag Float brand is junk.
It takes some effort to move mine along the glass and it really snaps around the corners, so much so that i need to be half way down in order to prevent water from splashing out the top.

Hi Dennis im Devin im new to this forum and saltwater in general i have a nano at the moment and i live in orange county CA i was wondering where you purchase your livestock.

PS your tank is immaculate and i love your choice of corals

Hi Devin, welcome to the forum. :)

My initial supply of rock and sponges came from Tampa Bay Saltwater, as shown early in this thread. After that, all corals were from local Houston stores, or from other local reefers.

it's close but probably not quite as dark? That dark color is a real biatch to match. No one seems to sell a stain that dark that is not straight ebony so it always a custom blend.

Check it out. My urchin is trying to escape Dead Man's Island. :lol:

1170984811_TgvjA-O.jpg

looks like youre getting pretty good growth out of your sps there!
or is that the start of rtn?

either way, its a great lookin tank :)

Here's a few new pics.

Shrooms!
1196021995_Cbkxh-O.jpg

My star and ric with T5 bulbs only. 3x ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Purple Plus.
1196022300_LRy8A-O.jpg

I forget what this is... any guesses? Also under blue and purple T5.
1196022059_XV6q4-O.jpg

And same in b/w
1196022302_fTxNp-O.jpg

Back