Darko's 6g Edge

Update??? Just read the build and looks like an awesome setup. Would like to build a nano, but my 180 is giving me enough issues at the moment. But cool lookin tank!!!!

WHOOOOO HOOOO look at my follow thought on pics...
DSC_8588.jpg

DSC_8584.jpg

OK you can see I ghetto styled my light in there but its mainly due to $$$$, H's contract is up at the end of the month and I'm trying to be good....plus it's just more my Darko ways to have a tank that has a lot of dark spots.... That is how I got the Darko nickname is because in art school all my :pooh: was dark... I do want to reaquascape to make the bad lighting not so bad... behind those rocks is really bright! The light is mounted on a grid, grid thing is the plastic filter that came with it (cut up) and the fish safe jb weld stuff. The light cord is something from when I had a dark room... nothing but a Home Depot thing... you can't really tell but I cut the back off of the top because I was sliding it in and out and after a while that got old... So I cut the back off using a Dremel, got a funnel so I can top it off and now the tank only comes out for WC.... that doesn't happen as much as it should. I am waiting for someone to give away a bio cube protein skimmer because I am NOT paying full price for one... I have seen one on the local forum just not since I have been looking. Go figure...

DSC_8562.jpg

Cool! I'm about to take my leftover crap from my new nano tank build and convert my edge to saltwater. Those mr11 replacements didn't work, blew out way to quickly. Going to try a different set i found before i try anything else.

Cool! I'm about to take my leftover crap from my new nano tank build and convert my edge to saltwater. Those mr11 replacements didn't work, blew out way to quickly. Going to try a different set i found before i try anything else.

That stock light is a fire hazard! I have pics of it somewhere when I finally took it apart it had been shorting out for a while...

What kind of powerhead are you using in there Donna? I think I see it in the left corner right?

The power head is a K-nano, it seems to do OK with just that a lot of people say they are not powerful enough.

sweet thread donna. i really like those fluval edge tanks. i was thinking about getting one, but dealing with a algae problem in my 120 is kicking my ass. lol.

Donna, here's the bulb i'm going to try before resorting to something else like you. I think the surface mount 10-bulb MR11's that I had were just too open to moisture. Maybe these will be a little more sealed or i can seal them up a bit.

Cool white 2W HEHO LED bulb replaces MR11 halogen bulb 3x bright [MR11-1x3-12V-W-HEHO] - $11.99 : EverBulb, The most efficient and everlasting LED light bulb

Enclose them somehow the moisture gets up in there and kills them. Also I had a bulb fall into the water after it finally died I left it for a few weeks with it them off and the salt water eroded the prongs right off the light. I really want to do LED's but I have to wait...

I am have been look at these...
http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...esult_group&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDwQzAMwAw

here is a tank that has one and it seem to be great.
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=579456#post579456

Last edited:
I was feeding, the top of the tank was off... I went to feed the other tank and walked into the kitchen the fish is on the counter flopping around.... Yep jumped out so I tossed him back in... he was freaked out but I fed him again later and he was eating but looks like he has been to hell and back lol.... dumb fish...

Back