Darko's Upgrade 46g Bow Front

Here is the shelf I took out,
IMG_2103.jpg

Everything all covered up, I also vacuumed it out THEN took the plastic off
IMG_2102.jpg

All gone, next time I go up to my Dad's I will take it and make a clean cut on the table saw and new coat of paint until then duck tape on the ends. I did cut it out with a dremmel!
IMG_2297.jpg

Since I have not got the GFO reactor set up this is how i have been running my carbon, in the bubble trap. I have media bags that fit the whole length of my sump and they are clipped on the top piece of glass. I run GFO on the intake to the sump it works well the granules tummble just a little.
IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

Here is the fuge, I have cheato and LR right now I have about 120lbs of LR in the system that is what I figure to be about 2lbs per gallon. Originally I wanted about 150lbs total but to be honest I don't know where I would put it. I don't know if I could get that much in the display...and still be happy with it. I recently put a peppermint shrimp to live in my sump I have some aptasisa fun in there.
IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

my GF 6year old son took this :)

IMG_2172.jpg

Wow, that looks so cool. I love that plug thing where you can turn off your items individually. Is that last one a dog fish?

C

Yeah that was the best $30 I ever spent, makes feeding really easy!

haha Yeah that is Einstein he is a good boy :)

Thats some good work Darko.:D

Had to scroll real quick to keep the kids from wanting to pet the computer screen though:D

He loves pets :)

Some growth shots,

April 09
DSC_0547.jpg

TODAY:
Note the leather on the L of this pic is the same on that is on the R in the first. The frogspawn is in about the same spot it started as a single head frag

DSC_7690.jpg

I originally started with 2 green mushroom and 1 red in the first pic
DSC_7686.jpg

The biggest red acan in the center of this pic is in the first one just to the R of the xenia coral that commit suicide the moment they get into my tank but I am happy about that now :). The frogspawn/hammer thing on the R is in on the R in the fist pic and the pic today this has been fraged in 1/2 once! This was started as 2 heads, when I fragged it. It was almost 10!

DSC_7672.jpg

Its funny I have not realized how much some things have grown that leather is CRAZY! My clubs frag swap is coming up, so I am expecting some fun stuff. So this something funny that I am some what embarrassed about. So when I set this tank up I was unemployed! I got laid off 3 days after my b-day last year and this tank was my b-day present from my GF. I did get called back to work after 3 months :)! Though I DO NOT recommend you set a tank up while unemployed, if you are on a budget it can be done. I have not spent more then $30 (maybe 40) on any single coral or fish LOTS OF TRADING. I have picked up all of my LR piece at a time (aside from what I had in my 35g) I have added about 70lbs about 2-10lbs pieces over the past 9 months. I would say I am lucky because we have a great community of reefers and RAD LFS in my area.

WOW, that's great growth you have Darko. The tank is beautiful.

Thank you! I have not looked at growth pics in a long time... I was floored! It seems like it goes so slow day to day!

Lookin good Darko!

GORGEOUS!!!

That looks soooo much better than my 46g has looked over the past 6 months.

Well I am not sure about that even with your algae issues its a really nice tank! But thanks :mrgreen:

Wow Darko, you got it looking real good!

Thanks!

OK so its been a while so I thought I would update this because I have added a of stuff this month! Nothing really has changed other then I have added a bit this month, I have added a lot of corals added to my CUC and a pipe fish, I am pretty much done for fish but I am thinking about getting rid of the 6 line who is a :pooh: and get a purple fire fish I am not sure though. This is an updated list of what is in my tank.

Fish
Green Mandarin
Ocellaris Clownfish
Six Line Wrasse
Spotted ‘PJ’ Cardinalfish
Sailfin/ ‘Lawnmower’ Algae Blenny
Banded Pipefish

Inverts
Peppermint Shrimp X 4 & 1 in the sump
Bumble Bee Snail
Sand Sifting Sea Star-Got it before I knew not too.
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp X2
Nassarius Snail
Emerald Mithrax Crab
Scarlet Hermit Crab
Feather Duster
Astraea Snail
Spaghetti Worms
Blue & Blue Leg Hermits
Brittle Stars / Worms
Stomatella Snails
Asterina Starfish
Small Grazing Snails